London King's Cross

Of course Anna would end up making her solo debut in one of London's most visited halls for classical music, that Elinor had known for sure since the very first time she met her. A feeling of pride filled her in, thinking about all the hard work her friend had put in to get to where she was now standing.

The envelope was now resting on her lap, one hand still clenched onto it. Only as the result of her letter she realized that there was something else peeking out of it. A small greenish piece of Paper, a ticket from Manchester to London. Elinor took it out, eying it from every angle. Of course she will visit her in London! no question about it.

Suddenly she noticed the date of departure. „The train will depart tomorrow morning??", Elinor laughed, Anna hasn't changed, still the same last-minute person she was back then. She gently put the ticket back into the envelope and jumped up from the couch, making her way towards the turntable that was placed neatly on a rotund mahogany coffee table in the back of the living room. After brushing through the records in a nearby shelf, she opted for the usual, Bach's cello suite Nr.1, carefully placing it under the needle.

With the sound of the rich yet warm sound of the cello, she danced her way back to the hallway, grabbing the pastries she almost forgot about. While tacitly munching a pretzel, she started to make up a little list of things she wanted to bring with her.

Standing in front of her closet, she grabbed for her usual monotone turtlenecks, some longer skirts and tights and some vests to complete the look. For some more comfortable clothing she opted for two oversized hoodies, all in the colors of dark green and red mixed with cream and mustard yellow.

When she was almost done packing the most important things into a larger back, she realized she does need some more elegant clothes for the concert. Standing up from the squatting position she was in to make the packing easier, Elinor reached for a cardboard that rested on the highest shelf. Se knew there was a beautiful black dress in there, she once bought a few years ago. Since that day there weren't many occasions for her to wear it, but it made her all the more exciting for the concert. She imagined herself in that stunning dress, sitting in that ostentatious hall and listening to the familiar sound of her friends violin...

There were days, she remembered, where Elinor got the permission to go backstage, lending a hand to position the chairs for the orchestra or helping to tune the instruments. She had a perfect pitch after all, which often was of great help to the musicians. She missed these kind of days, evenings where she escorted Anna to her concerts and witnessing the hall getting more and more crowded from backstage.

The sun was already low on the horizon, sending its last few gleaming sun rays through the reddish sky, when Elinor was done packing. She took a glance at the rustic clock that hung right above the doorframe leading into the hallway. It displayed 5 pm.

So she went back to kitchen and prepared some pasta for dinner. After that she took a quick shower and got bed ready. She went earlier to bed than usual, wether it was for staying up too late the day before or because she simply wanted the day to end with a thrill of anticipation for the following one.

-

Elinor woke up to the sound of rain that pattered against her bedroom window. It was a rather dull autumn day, but Elinor didn't let that affect her good mood. Instead, she was even looking forward to sit in the train and read a good book while watching the raindrops fall.

She swung her legs to the edge of the bed and slid her feet into some wool socks that were already laying next to her bed. She quickly wrapped her watch around her wrist and opened the window to get a bit of cool air into the stuffy apartment. The sudden gust brought a comfortable shiver with it as it approached. Elinor made her way to the bathroom to get a bit freshen up. The cold water was splashing onto her skin, waking her up once and for all. She allowed herself some make up and put her hair up into a high ponytail, leaving a few brown tresses to frame her face.