Showtime

A/N omg I just realized I made a mistake ahhhh I wrote about wind players...but there aren't any wind players needed in Vivaldi's four seasons .-. so just...try to think away those I mentioned earlier ahhahahhaa also sry in advance, this chapter will include a lot of musical theory stuff and yea. Please bear with it. Thank u ;')

Slowly, all the lights dimmed one after another, causing the hall to be bathed in the reddish afterglow the half-drawn curtains allowed. Only the stage was now illuminated by the many headlights that hung on the high ceiling. The mumbling that went through the room fall silent as the modorator entered the stage.

"Ladies and Gentleman, I warmly welcome you to this nights concert."

"When the four seasons are pictured in paintings, there is no difficulty in recognizing them. The blooming meadows of spring, the piercing heat in summer fields, the red and brown colours of autumn and of course the distinctive white landscpe of winter. But It is different when it comes to music: Are there really sounds that can represent spring, summer, autumn and winter? If you listen to Vivaldi's compulsory seasonal concerts, you would like to answer this question in the affirmative, because of the imaginatively and drastically painted musical pictures the composer created. With Vivaldi you shiver from the cold, pleasure yourself in mild spring air or suffer under the piercing summer heat. There is also a good amount of instrumental virtuosity, not only in the solo part, but also in the orchestral parts. Anna Harris will lead us as the soloist of our concert through a whole year of shifting emotions and creates mesmerizing scenes of all four seasons. The orchestra is conducted by Jonathan Davies. "

"Ladies and Gentleman, I wish you a pleasant evening with "Le quattro stagioni" by Antonio Vivaldi"

Thunderous applause approached as the modorator finished his welcoming speech and left the stage. Then the orchestra came in; the string players, including Jamie, who took up the seats in the front. Jamie sat in the first row at the edge of the stage on the right, tracing his look through the crowd to spot Elinor. She grinned, making a little wave to catch his sight. Their eyes met and smiled at each other silently.

After a little pause, Jonathan entered the stage, starting the applause anew. He made a little bow and made a welcoming gesture towards Anna who now entered the stage, drawing all attention to her with that ravishing red dress that shimmered beautifully in those head lights. Together, they made their way to the center of the stage. Anna applauded towards Jonathan a bit and then shook the hand of the concertmaster.

As the applause wore off Anna raised her bow, not touching the string. Elinor knew she had to start with an upbeat and sat uptight at the edge of her chair. Jonathan also raised his arms and after a mutual and deep inhale, they started.

(A/N Just picture this with a sitting string orchestra and a harpsichord)

The first movement, Allegro. It was then when Elinor realized that Anna used a baroque bow instead of her usual one. It made the whole piece seem way lighter and more carefree. Also the way she didn't use any vibrato (or just a tiny bit at most) fit perfectly with that era. Her phrasing was just perfect.

As the second movement began, Jamie reclined back in his seat, knowing that the cellists hadn't got any parts in this movement. Only the higher strings were heard now, which produced a very glistening and mysterious sound. Here and then the violas created a bland depth which stood in contrast to them.