Dressing Up

As the dishes were stacked into the dishwasher, Elinor grabbed her bags and made her way to Anna's bedroom. Jamie followed, needing to get his suit that hung behind the door.

„You can change first if you want to.", Elinor said, quite sure that she will need a lot of time to dress up properly. But Jamie just raised his hand. „Nah, don't worry. The bathroom will be fine for me.", he unhung the suit bag, supported it with his other arm and went straight to the bathroom.

Elinor closed the door behind him and watched herself in the mirror that was part of the vanity standing next to the door. She was blushing. Embarrassed, she cupped her own face with the hope of cooling herself down a bit.

Was it because of Jamie?

He was handsome, yes. Was he cute? hell yes.

„You only know him for like 3 hours god dammit! pull yourself together!", she muttered, reminding herself of the upcoming concert.

With a sigh, she began to rummage around her bag to find the black dress she brought along. As soon as she found it, she pulled it out and hold it a bit further away from her to get an overall picture of it. She smiled. It really was beautiful. Straightening out the fabric she unzipped the dress and slipped into it. She breathed in, stood a little straighter and made her way over to the vanity to take a look into the mirror, quickly applying some make- up. A deep red lipstick and some smokey eyeliner and mascara later, Elinor felt that familiar sizzle of excitement getting ready for an event.

Once she pinned up her hair into an elegant chignon, with a few loose brown curls falling down to brush her jaw, she eyed herself confidently in the mirror. A pair of teardrop- shaped earrings and a silver necklace were all accessories she allowed herself, and soon she was ready.

Elinor fetched out a pair of black heels out if her bag and slipped them on, the straps wrapped elegantly around her ankles.

The dress was a midnight black, floor-length dress that had a slit up one side, revealing her left leg up to her thigh with every step. It had a heart-shaped neckline that was attached to a more see-through and lacey fabric. Overall, the upper piece looked like an elegant turtleneck.
She smiled, spinning around and eying herself from every angle.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. „Can i come in? I need a little help here...", Jamie's voice sounded a bit dull through the door.

„Yes, come in!"

Jamie entered the room, not looking up. He was occupied with his tie, twisting and turning it like mad. „I just can't tie th- ." He looked up, his eyes meeting you.

„Wow...you look...ravishing."

Elinor blushed at his words, feeling her heart tingle. „Thank you" she smiled „i can only return the compliment."

Jamie laughed. „Well, i would love to. But for now i'm still struggling with my tie. do you happen to know how to tie this?"

„Hmm, i'll try.", Elinor raised her hands and started turning the tie to and fro.
Instead of watching her movements, Jamie was looking at her being all focused and concentrated, a gentle smile formed his lips.

As she finally had managed to tie it properly,
She raised her eyebrows, satisfied with the outcome „I'm quite proud that i can still pull this off.", she said looking up to him. It was then when she met his gaze, that she realized he was looking at her the whole time.

„Thank you", he said softly, gently tugging a few locks behind her ear and whispered „Now i'm worthy of your company."

„Oh shut it you -."

Jamie gently cupped her face and leaned down, leaving her speechless. Only a few inches were what separated them.
Elinor was in a haze, extinguishing everything that surrounded them. Slowly, she approached, one hand resting on his chest.

Their lips almost touched as a loud ringing sound drove them back into reality. It was Jamie's phone that rang. After hastily searching up his pockets he found it and hold it up to his ear.

„Um...hello?", he said carefully, still a bit baffled.

„Jamie? Where are you guys? It's almost 5!", Anna spoke loud enough for Elinor to clearly understand what she was saying. „Jonathan was already asking about you! Can you please hurry a bit?"

„Oh I'm so sorry Anna, We kinda...lost... track of time. But we will head there immediately, promised."

„Say that to Jonathan, and please be quick!", Anna hung up.

„Poor Anna, she is totally stressed. Well, it's understandable, it's her official solo debut after all.", Elinor said. „Who is Jonathan?" She quickly put all her most important things into a little purse.

„Our conductor." Jamie answered. „Usually he is very kind and all but when it's concert day he can be furious."

„It's about time we hurry then", Elinor laughed and helped Jamie putting on his coat after she had put hers on herself.

A/N: I absolutely loved writing this chapter ahh i'm so soft rn 🥺🥺🤧