A New Love (Compa)

This will be my last Neptunia x Male Reader one-shot.

About you: You're a close friend of Compa and you like her, but you're hesitant due to a previous break up that didn't go well...

====================================

It was a hot day in Gamindustri and you, the CPUs and thier friends were having a party at the beach a few miles away from Planeptune. You had been friends with all of them except for one who you liked more than the others. That would be Neptune's long time friend and the most popular nurse in Gamindustri, simply known as Compa. 

You got to know her when you were visiting the Guild one day to submit a request. She and IF were there who took notice of your request and let Neptune and Nepgear know to take care of it. Once it was done, you were very grateful for thier help and asked if you could return a favor for them.

That leads to where you were right now, you were in charge of the supplies you had to carry to the beach. You weren't alone though, some of them helped carry a few things such as a large container with food and drinks inside as well as a few towels, beach umbrellas and those long fences that blocks some of the view for a bit of privacy during changing. You were sitting down under the shade and watching the CPUs and the candidates in the middle of a beach ball game.

You had recently heard of the rumored gossip that had been spreading around for almost a week. The rumor was that the CPUs had all found thier ideal partners, even Uzume and Plutia got boyfriends of thier own and there was talk of one guy who got lucky with Nepgear and Uni, but so far this had proven to be unfounded since everyone involved is keeping tight-lipped on the whole rumor. All this thinking of relationships doesn't bring you good memories however.

You sighed as you thought back to when your last relationship didn't work out and that was two weeks ago...

*Two Weeks Earlier...*

"I'm sorry, (Y/N)." The girl said. "You're a good person, but I don't think we're meant to be."

"Huh?" You responded. "What are you saying? But why?"

"You're a nice guy and all, but I want you to be more than nice." She smiled weakly. "But maybe there's someone else out there who will like you and everything along with you. That isn't for me, we're better off being just friends."

You felt heartbroken by her words. "Fine...I understand, then I guess it wasn't to be..."

*Present Day*

"Hey...hey, (Y/N)." A voice called. "You there?"

"Wha?!" You snapped out of it. "Hi IF, what's up?"

"We're about ready for snacks, so we need you to get the food out."

"Ah okay, just one moment." You went over to the contain beside you and opened up the large lid. "We did bring a folding table, right?"

"Yeah, on your other side." IF pointed to where it was. "I better go and get Nep and the others."

"Right." You nodded before grabbing the folding table and setting it all up.

A few moments later and with the snacks all set up, some of the others came by to choose.

"There should be plenty to go around." You said. "So don't be in a rush."

You stood back whilst they made their choices, oh and did this narrator mention that the girls are in their swimwear attires as well? Well you see, it's because it fits the theme for the scene and...uhhh, whoops, apologies for breaking the fourth wall there.