Enchantress

Phoenix closes the play with a heavy puff of air and a smile. His reading seems to get better and better. He sits for a moment and thinks to himself how he wishes he were as eloquent as Romeo and for the record had a Juliet to speak to in such a manner. He shakes his head for a moment as he pushes the book off of a set of files from a case long solved. He releases a much more fatigued huff this time. Even though he was not exactly a pre-law major, he figured that there was no harm in at least having a little law under his belt. He has a debt to pay and a friend to find, so this just might take him in the right direction. However, tedious reading proves to be an art major's worst enemy. Even though he sits merely on the tenth or so page, he closes the folder and stands to put it back on the shelf. Surely, there is a much more entertaining case to read somewhere that can capture the poor artist's attention. The sound of what appears to be soft footsteps brush past his ear as he fingers through the shelf of folders. Some are very thick, some are thin enough to be a few stacks of paper, and some have a shelf all to themselves. One such case reads "DL-6 Incident", but seeing how thick the folder is, Phoenix decides to let it pass him by; it sounded boring anyways. The sound of footsteps grows slightly louder as Phoenix wraps his fingers around a folder. He turns his head to look down the hallway outside of the courtroom library. The footsteps seem to be multiplying somehow. Phoenix raises an eyebrow before turning back to the bookshelf. 'Someone upstairs must've gotten in trouble. Glad it wasn't me!'  Phoenix thinks to himself with a cheeky smile. As Phoenix prepares to sit back down, a force pummels into his side. He lets out a squeak as he nearly soars off of his feet. A second gasp can be heard next to him as two tumble onto the ground. The file flies from Phoenix's hand and papers scatter all across the room. He rubs his head with a grunt of embarrassment. A soft sigh of a similar caliber runs across Phoenix's ear. The noise sounds so delicate that it nearly tickles his ear like the fluttering of a butterfly's wings. The tender feeling appears to ignite something within him for a moment as he turns towards the sound. His eyes widen in horror and humiliation. Before him sits a girl no older than him in the most gorgeous sundress he had ever laid his eyes on. Her eyelashes flutter delicately as she turns her eyes towards him. Before she appeared very distressed but now a soft smile rests on her face. Her pink cheeks make Phoenix's own cheeks pinken as he continues to stare into her eyes. In them, he finds a sort of comfort he had not known for years.

"Well, aren't you going to help me up? A lady cannot wait forever, can she?"

The same soft chuckle crosses his ears again. It rattles through his blood like poison. Phoenix snaps immediately out of his thoughts as he makes his way to his feet with a start. He chuckles and rubs the back of his neck sheepishly before extending a hand to the lady.  He cannot seem to get his eyes off of her for one second. He feels hypnotized somehow.

"Gosh, I'm really sorry about that. I guess I didn't see you coming in here."

As the lady stands to her feet, her cheerful smile fades for a moment. Phoenix feels confused, then he notices the girl's parasol on the floor. With a small squeak of understanding, he bends over to pick up the parasol. By the time he raises his head back up, the lady's expression returns to normal if not more pleased than before. Phoenix chuckles to himself. He supposes that he is better at reading women's signs than he could have ever expected. The lady rests the parasol on her shoulder and gives it a little spin. Her eyelashes continue to flutter appearing to be a signal of gratitude. The sound of rapid footsteps can be heard once again. The lady seems to shudder for a moment as she abruptly grabs onto Phoenix's wrist. The two of them let out a gasp before locking eyes again. The lady begins to stutter nervously.

"I—I am so sorry if that was too abrupt! I just didn't want you to leave me..." She pushes a piece of her hair behind her shoulder as she gives the parasol another twirl. The smell of what seems to be sweet nectar hits Phoenix's nose as he feels his face go from pink to red. He chuckles again as he subconsciously pulls his hand away from her.