Thank God for Masks

Sarah stared at him, still holding his hand, in shock.  She had actually flexed her hand with her shock.  Surely, he did not just say what he just said.  She could not wrap her mind around the name spoken so readily.  He was smiling at her in an almost knowing sort of way, as if he knew exactly how she was going to take hearing his name.  He couldn't know, though... right?  No, he couldn't possibly have said what he just said.  She must have misheard him.  There was no way that the near look-alike's name was the same as him. "Your name is Kakashi Hatake?" 

He nodded at her, while his eyes narrowed more as the smile beneath his mask grew.  "Yes, that is correct.  I am Kakashi Hatake."

"Are we in San Marcos?" she whispered next.

He tilted his head to the side in question, "No.  We are a short distance from Konohagakure in the Land of Fire.  You must have travelled very far because I have never heard of San Marcos."  

She literally felt her heart jump in her chest.  She then realized she was still holding his hand and quickly pulled hers free.  She covered her mouth as she gasped.  "Oh. My. God," she finally said.  She looked around once again as her heart started pounding fast, "I must be dead, and this is some kind of limbo... Or maybe I'm in a Coma... that makes more sense..." 

Kakashi reached out and pinched her arm.  She yelped then glared at him in response to the pinch.  He laughed, "You are most definitely not dead or in a coma, Sarah." 

"But Konohagakure doesn't exist!" She exclaimed loudly as she tried to grasp onto what her version of reality was, "You don't exist!" 

"I assure you I very much do exist!" Kakashi responded in indignation.  "How can you doubt your own senses like that?"  He leaned towards her as his eyes narrowed.  They had an almost devilish quality to them as he then said, "Do I need to prove to you somehow that I exist?"

Sarah's mouth dropped open, wondering how in the world he intended on doing that!  His eyes were narrowed slightly in what looked almost like... humor?  "But I watched you... and Naruto... Sasuke... Sakura... I saw your life and everything y'all fought for on television and read it in books...  How can you be real?"  She leaned forward and poked him in the chest, causing him to laugh.  "When is it in Naruto?  Who is the Hokage?"

Kakashi laughed at the expression on her face.  If he had not inadvertently visited her in her world, he would have thought she was crazy in that moment.  Perhaps that is why he was given that peek into her life because she was destined to come to their world.  He was actually a bit excited that she was now where he could touch her and speak to her.  He was not sure how to tell her that he had been with her and for the moment, he didn't think it was a good idea.  He had the distinct feeling that she would be mortified that he knew exactly how much she had a thing for him.  The fact that she did was actually exciting to Kakashi because women usually feared him... or held his past against him. Not to mention he was already highly attracted to her - fuck, no I can't do that for real.  This is real life and she's a living breathing human being.  He was the Copy Ninja of a thousand Jutsu's... with just as many enemies.  He slammed shut the door of that possibility but perhaps... they could be friends.

"Naruto is the Hokage," he responded to the question after his short inner battle. 

"Wow... this is the untold years..." she whispered leaning back with a look of wonder on her face.  "Holy shit, this is awesome! Oh my gosh... I can't believe I am here.  This is so...." 

Kakashi felt his brows raise up and then grunted as she abruptly hurled herself into him in a tight hug.  He laughed, "Um... okay?" He had not expected that and was a little surprised at how quickly he was becoming aroused by the hug.  He had thought about her too much already, that much was true.  He was going to have to get control of himself.