Chapter 16: Day Off

Sarada's POV

"I wonder where Boruto is at," said a fat girl walking beside me.

"Well.. I don't know.." I said sarcastically, "maybe his house."

"Oh.. Right.." said Chocho in disappointment even though she knew that I was gonna say that.

"By the way, there's no point if you wanna see him because he's gonna kill you when you and his eyes meet," I explained to Chocho so she wouldn't get beaten up by Boruto.

"Just because I spread the rumor?" Chocho raised an eyebrow, "Boruto wouldn't figure out I did it because he's too dumb." She rolled her eyes.

"Boruto isn't as dumb as you think!" I snapped at her.

Chocho's eyes widened.

"Overprotective much?" Chocho said while opening a bag of potato chips she pulled out from her backpack. "You know Boruto is with Mitsuki." She said while popping potato chips in her mouth.

I rolled my eyes.

********

Naruto's POV

'Why is there so much paperwork?! I can't even go home to see my family.'

I sighed while the door opened and reveal Shikamaru.

"Oh?" I glance at him. "Shikamaru? What are you doing here?"

"I should be asking you that," Shikamaru replied.

"Eh? What do you mean?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Did you forget? Today's the day off?" Shikamaru sighed.

"WHAT?!" I screamed. "You got to be kidding me!!"

While I was whining, I heard Shikamaru say, "what a drag," from a distance.

********

Boruto's POV

While I was playing video games with Shikadai and Mitsuki, the door suddenly opened.

'Who's that?' I thought.

I saw dad reveal his face from the other side of the door.

I was so surprised that I didn't even notice that I lost the game.

I set my controller down and went straight to hug dad.

After hugging him, I punched him in the stomach to see if he was a bunshin (clone) or not.

Turns out he wasn't.

He lied on the floor, unconscious.

Mom rushed down to treat dad.

"Boruto? What was that for?" Hinata asked with an angry face. But luckily, she didn't activate the Byakugan.

"Oops, sorry, I thought he was a bunshin..." I scratched my neck.

Shikadai rolled his eyes and continued to play video games with Mitsuki.

Mom then carried dad to his room.

"Wow, it's unusual to see the old man home for once," I sighed and rolled my eyes.

********

Naruto's POV

I opened my eyes slowly, seeing Hinata in front of me in my room.

"Hinata..?"

"Oh? You're finally awake?" She asked with a smile.

"What happened? Did Boruto use Gentle Fist on me?" I ask confusingly.

"Boruto can't use that technique, you know that," Hinata tried to make me sit by pulling my hand.

"Oh, I was just kidding," I awkwardly laughed.

********

Shikadai's POV

'I'm gonna win, I'm gonna--'

"MitsukiTheSnake has won round two, the score is 2/1," said the video game while beeping and playing some calm music.

"Aah! Damn it!" I raged.

Mitsuki smiled at me.

"Ready for round three?" He asked seriously with his game face on.

'I feel like I'm gonna lose.. Agh! What a drag,' I thought to myself.

"Well, Shikadai, don't act like a sore loser, now," said Mitsuki trying to distract me. "Aren't you supposed to be good with strategies and stuff?"

I tried not to lose my cool and made him distract himself from winning.

"Sorry, I'm not a mirror if that's who you desire to talk to," I rolled my eyes and pressed multiple buttons in my controller.

Boruto passed by us making Mitsuki blush.

'He's distracted? Now's my chance!'

"ShikaNaraDai has won round three, the score is 2/2," beeped the video game.

"I win this time! Who's the sore loser now?" I

"Better luck next time Mitsuki, I know you can win this," Boruto winked.

Mitsuki smiled at him.

-------

"ShikadaiNara and MitsukiTheSnake have both tied in round four, no points awarded," again beeped the video game.

"You got to be kidding me," Boruto scoffed.

'Damn, my strategy didn't wor--'

"MitsukiTheSnake won round five, the score is 3/2, MitsukiTheSnake wins the whole game!"

I rolled my eyes.

********

Sarada's POV

I was walking around the streets then saw Denki and Iwabe pass by.

"Oh, hey!" Denki waved at me and dropped the book he was reading.

He bent over to pick it up again.

There was much awkward silence.

"So, uh," I broke the awkward silence with a question, "are you two dating?"

Denki blushed.

"Yes?" Denki admitted.

"I knew it," I lifted up my glasses and grinned. "It's obvious."