Chapter 1: Meetup

Boruto's POV

I was still sleeping in my bed and suddenly I heard my old man talk. "Son, son, wake up! You're gonna be late for school!".

I was half asleep but I didn't care so I closed my eyes and tried to continue sleeping.

"Boruto.." Dad heard his phone ring. He shoots his hand in his pocket and pulled out his phone.

"Naruto, where are you? Lady Tsunade is gonna be mad!" Said a person who I guessed was Sir. Shikamaru.

I looked at my phone and saw that it was 8:31.

'Being late doesn't change anything., though.' I thought to myself.

After I was done preparing for school, I went outside and went on my way to school.

'Hmm, What excuse will I make this time?' I thought while walking.

I heard a "hisss" behind me. I looked behind me to see Mitsuki.

'Why is Mitsuki here? He always attends school on time, he's never late."

"Mitsuki, why are you here? It's a little late for you to be here at school." I asked him in confusion.

Mitsuki looked and smiled at me, "well, I just helped an old lady cross the street is all."

Mitsuki pointed at a street on the other side of an alleyway.

"Of course, what else would be the reason?" I said to myself almost letting Mitsuki hear what I said.

"What was that, Boruto?" Mitsuki asked.

"I-- uh.." I scratched my cheek with my finger. "I... asked why the lady was slow..." I lied even though I don't feel comfortable doing that to him.

"Boruto, what do you mean..?" Mitsuki sighed, "you do know old ladies are slow, right?" He continued.

I stopped walking and just stood there, thinking "Busted" over and over again.

I looked at Mitsuki's golden eyes then looked away.

As I was distracted, I didn't realize that Mitsuki was repeating my name over and over again.
"Uhm, Boruto? Are you there?" he said in a worrying tone.

I felt really busted. "Yes, yes, I'm fine," I blushed out, embarrassed.

Mitsuki's POV

I was worried so I asked him, "Boruto, you sure you're okay?"

"Yes, of course." He nodded. "It's almost time for the second period to begin, let's go."

"Hn." I nodded

Boruto's POV

'Thank goodness, I didn't get caught.'

Mitsuki and I ran inside the school as fast as we could.

I turned into a hallway and almost crashed into Sarada.

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" She yelled at me.

She smacked me HARD.

"I told you not to be late or absent! But did you listen to me? NO!" She yelled by walking in circles.

"Arghh! Mom is gonna get mad! It's all your fault!" She almost slapped me but Mitsuki stopped her.

Sarada's POV

I looked at Boruto's face and continued yelling at him.

He looked paralyzed.

After I realized I took it a little too far, I tried apologizing to him, "Wait, I'm sorry!"

But he still didn't forgive me or replied. I tried talking to him but he just kept ignoring me like I was a ghost but at the same time, he didn't care.

'I know I did wrong.. Sorry, Boruto.' I said to myself silently.

(Time Skip) (Sarada's POV)

"What!? You want our what now?" Shikadai said in an annoyed and disgusted manner.

"Yeah, I feel kinda bad. When I try talking to him, he walks away or ignores me," I replied.

"It's your problem, fix it yourself," Inojin added while leaning on Shikadai.

I sighed.