A Year Later (Brandon)

Brandon Pov

I have been hanging out with Jakey as of late, him being a good friend i've had ever since.....my brother....i mean my guild has tried their best but i guess i just needed an outside source and since Jakey is also a guild leader it helps. Right now i'm sitting in a cafw, cause i can and me and Jakey are just talking about the upcoming GMG (Grand Magic Games). "So i was thinking, what if for the GMG party we allow the people to host it, cooks could show off their foods, bartenders their skills, brewers their drinks etc, granted not sure if they'd do it cause i'm not sure if we could pay them, well the Protectors theoretically cooullld but yeah" Jakey rambles on and i chuckle "that sounds like a wonderful idea" he blinks "wait really!?" I smile and nod. He grins and claps his hands "now to get the other two guilds on board! So to talk to Jericho and Flurry" i hum "care if i join?" he smiles "not at all let's go"

We stand and leave the bar, talking about how we'll get them to agree, we turn our heads toward the path and freeze. My breath catches in my throat and i whisper out "B-Brother?" the form in the distance that has my brother's face turns and my fear spikes, 'no i'm not going to loose you again!; i think and start running shouting "RITCHIE!" i chase the retreating form Jakey i can hear behind me, but i just keep shouting his name. The form turns a corner and i turn not long after only for him to be gone "NO! He's gone! You saw him too right!" i ask tears in my eyes turing to Jakey "I did, but I don't understand. I thought you said he was...." Jakey says a frown on his face, and worry in his eyes "he is!" i sob/shout out. Jakey hugs me close as i sob, he whispers softly but loud enough to hear "i think you should head back to your island" i pull back "n-no! I'm fine, w-we need to, the guilds" he hums "you sure?" i nod and wipe my tears "i am" he sighs then smiles "alright let's go see Flurry first" i nod and we head off.