Prologue

Gwain stood on the suspended path when two of her guards walked to her. Lucy and Gerald, along with B-Top, they were her oldest guards and friends. Judging by their faces, Gwain knew they didn't have good news.

"Queen Gwain," Lucy began. "There's still no sign of the princess."

Princess Ami was sent in the morning to collect some crystals and to head back when she found them. The process should really only take about an hour or two. It was nearing night time. Maybe having her go out alone wasn't such a good idea, though now's not the time to worry about that.

"Please," Gwain replied. "Keep looking. She must still be in the woods."

Lucy and Gerald nodded in response before jumping in return of their search. As they left, Gwain heard a small but familiar gasp. As she turned, she was surprised to see Ami all ruffled up. However, what surprised her the most was who she was with. Not a guard, not a friend, a white haired stranger. Appearing to be male, this stranger seemed to have drained all of his magic. Ami seemed quite friendly towards him, which wasn't a big surprise, but he didn't seem to care all too much. She watched the two walk to her bedroom. Something wasn't right. Gwain warped to the guards to call off the search and went to meet up with the two.

She warped to the door. Before she could even knock, it opened with Ami poking her head out. After an awkward second, the door slammed in her face. There was some rummaging around inside the room, if the noise was anything to go by. When the door opened, Ami tried to play innocent. Didn't really work. Gwain walked in and it didn't even take a second to find the stranger.

"Hi Ami," she said, staring her daughter down, "I just came by to check on you. I mean the whole castle was looking for you..." she walked to a dresser and leaned on it.

"And also," she continued, "ask you..." she looked right at the stranger and knocked off the lampshade of his head.

"What's this kid doing in your room?" She studied him a bit, and noticed a few things. At a distance, it would look like he was magic drained, but upon closer inspection that didn't seem to be the case. When someone is drained, their hair looks like an empty glass of water, almost transparent. The thing is, his hair was just a solid white, meaning he used a lighter magic type. The hair's tones, shades, and colors depend on what type of magic the person could use and its strength. Pure white is extremely rare and extremely strong. What's stranger, his eyes were blue. Why didn't they match? After doing a bit more studying, she herself felt a bit strange. She felt like she was meeting the wrong person.

The boy suddenly laughed.

"I'm sorry, Gwain," he said, very much relaxed, "I should have introduced myself. My name is Ryan. Ryan Laken."

--An Idea just hit me in the head, so now I must apply it. how do you do, folks?--