Chapter 001: Ryan

Gwain looked at Ryan. He offered his hand for a hand shake. She looked at the hand and turned to Ami.

"I'd still like to know why this kid's here. This is the first stranger you've brought." Before Ami could speak, Ryan budded in, much to Ami's relief.

"Well, I was going about my business when I stumbled across Ami." he smiled, "she showed me around the woods in all it's beauty, and when we were heading back, Ami was attacked by wolves, so I saved her by taking them out." that sounded like Ami, and it would explain why she was ruffled, but Gwain wanted to make sure everything was in order. She tried to look into his mind, but for some reason, all she got was static. He looked like he didn't seem to notice, so perhaps it was just some subconscious mental shield. It would fit if his magic matches his hair. Getting nowhere, she turned to Ami.

"Is this true?" she read her mind. As she probed her mind, the details seemed to match up with his story. Strangely, there was a slight hint of the static.

"hmph." she turned back to Ryan, "well, in that case, thank you. Though, I'd like to ask you something."

"Go ahead!" he chirped.

"How is your hair white? If it's not drained, then that should mean your magic is-"

"Powerful, I know. Heh, I was just born lucky."

"I see." she raised an eyebrow, "Alright, I'll tell the maids to prepare a guest room."

"Oh, thank you!" he said as he looked around the room. He noticed a poster.

"Are you people fans of Glacier Love?" he asked. Ami nodded while Gwain just shrugged.

"I'll just go and take care of those arrangements..." as she left, she noticed Ami was watching her leave. After switching hallways, she saw Lucy standing there waiting for her.

"So," Lucy started, "what happened?"

"Ami got lost." she replied.

"Even with her map?"

"She's not you, she gets lost all of the time."

"She's also not blind." Lucy chuckled.

"Fair enough," she held in a small laugh, "anyways, that boy came about and saved her."

"Well that's good."

"I guess, though something just feels off about him."

"Should I keep watch on him?"

"No, he seems fine. Besides, he's not drained like I said before, his hair is just white."

"Wait, you mean-?"

"Yep..."

There was a short pause between the two as they walked.

"But how?" Lucy asked.

"He's lucky," Gwain scoffed, "so much so, I'm giving him a room and a breakfast..."

"Oh my."

"Yep."

"Well, I'll call in the maids, you should head to bed."

"Alright. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Gwain."

With that, Gwain warped to her bedroom. She tends to have long nights, though since she now had to play "host", she knew she had to wake up early. She walked to her dresser and removed her royal attire. She then put on a long shirt, some underpants, and some socks. She sat on her bed and looked around. After motioning the lights to turn off, a voice spoke out to her.