I: ural mountains

March, 2033
HYDRA Correctional Facility, Siberia

" The deer's a mighty useful beast.
From Petersburg to Tennyson
for a while he lives he lopes around
and when he's dead he's venison. "
Deer
( Ellis Parker Butler )

THERE ARE SCREAMS IN THE BLINDING DARKNESS AND YET, NO ONE KNOWS WHY

Wind whispers wildly in the dense Ural forest around the deeply ominous building. Trees of every kind a color seem to shiver around the protective confines of the vast facility which fills the deadened forest in sounds of thwips and crinkles. There isn't any snow on the ground as of yet, but crisp pieces of frost stick to green leaves, filling the expanse of space where morning dew would have rested.

Frozen water sticks to the cocoa colored ground as well, lining the dirt in thin patches of ice. A herd of deer make their way across the frosted patch, the clip clopping of their delicate hooves against the ice results in a deep crunch. There is free water running everywhere and the chilled liquid dances along the small creek where the eldest buck is hovered over. His light brown legs spread further apart as he leans, causing him to look more like one of his clumsy fawns instead of his regal self.

His chocolate muzzle touches the shallower part of the stream where the water is calmer, making a series of endless ripples along the surface upon impact. Not long after, the sounds of gentle lapping enters the frigid air intermingling with the ominous wind.

Air bristles the hair on the back of his neck which puts the animal on edge. There is something moving behind him, and the deer doesn't know who. Soon, his eyes grow wide and his ears flatten back as it twists in the direction of the noise.

A blood-curdling scream rips through the air like a soviet bullet. Thick and pain filled, the buck scatters from the noise, barreling into the denser portion of the forest. The windows of the facility seem to rumble from the sound ravaging inside of it. Time seems to stand still as the soldier, more akin to a boy, writhes in the thick confines of metal and leather pinning him to the steel chair.

He screams out again, his blue eyes squeezing shut as a series of pain-filled gasps leave from his clenched teeth. The boy has pinkened skin, bleeding in some spots from the pressure of the machine apart of him, and thick purple bruises wrap around the extent of his eyes and right cheek bone. There is an oozing gash atop his left eyebrow and blood is free-flowing from his nose.

His eyes shut tighter still as the loud whirl of electric charge bursts through the air and straight through his tortured flesh. Another antagonizing yell leaves the confines of his peeling lips and red gathers in his mouth from how hard he's biting the rubber mouth guard.  The boy's dirty blonde locks are pasted to his perspiring forehead in sweat, stained from rubble and blood,.