X: american pie

August, 2033
St. Petersburg, Russia

" bye, bye miss american pie.
take my chevy to the levee
but the levee was dry.
them good ole boys were drinking
whisky and rye singing "this will
be the day that I die. "

*BLACK WIDOW SPOILERS AHEAD!! *

LONGING FOR COMPANIONSHIP ISN'T JUST A HUMAN TRAIT

LONGING FOR COMPANIONSHIP ISN'T JUST A HUMAN TRAIT. It is an innate instinct for many species to try and band together when things get difficult. Since the beginning of time, people have banded together in order to protect their most vulnerable members - young. The next generation of living, breathing bodies who will ensure the survival of the species.

But for Annabelle, the world has always seemed to tear down a semblance of normality. Every day is like climbing Mount Everest, snow plowing against her tear stained cheeks and wind barreling against her exhausted, war torn body. Coldness bursts from her skin as if she is some Siberian storm.

It isn't natural for humans to be so alone in the world, Annabelle knows this, but she can't help but feel like she deserves everything coming her way. She is lonely, yes, but being alone protects her from being hurt in the future. It prevents her from opening up to people. The ginger has learned her lesson about shielding her emotions and feeling nothing a long time ago.

Annabelle Romanoff Rogers grasped a piece of her draped towel in a shaking hand. She was currently sitting atop a thick patch of timothy hay grass, the chilled vegetation was cold against her and she could feel wetness sinking into her skin. The sweet smell of morning dew intermingled with the faint smell of fertile dirt overturned and baking in the mellow Russian heat.

The girl dropped her hand to the grass below, feeling the needles tickling her exposed skin as she stared aimlessly in the distance. It has been a week since the nightmare incident. Since then, the tension in the house only seemed to intensify. Yelena, Melina, and Alexei wouldn't push her for answers or force her into something that might make her uncomfortable - but..Annabelle could tell that they disliked how shut off she was.

Meals were a little more than awkward with Alexei desperately trying to make small talk and the rest of the ladies of the house finding ways to make said dinner uncomfortable for everyone involved. Melina brought up Annabelle's posture twice since then and even chided that "I will make you wander the house with a broom on your back, until you learn how to sit," but it was an empty threat - perhaps even humorous if the situation was different.

Yelena has been distant as ever and she actively avoids conversation with anyone. Annabelle didn't know why this was until she overheard a conversation with Melina and Alexei. They were discussing how much this house reminded them of Natalia and it could be the reason why Yelena is so aloof. She's grieving. It is terribly sad how surprised Annabelle is of this statement. Ever since meeting Yelena a little over a year ago, Annabelle has never really seen a side of the woman which portrays her as vulnerable or displaying sad or fearful emotions. Assassins cannot feel anything in their line of work. It goes against their nature - everything they have been trained to do since birth.