VII: apartment 3b

August, 2033
Moscow, Russia

" there lived a certain man in russia
long ago. he was big and strong, in
his eyes a flaming glow. "
Rasputin
( Boney M. )

WELL, AT LEAST ANNABELLE ISN'T DEAD IN A DITCH - being kidnapped is another story

Meanwhile, in the crowded city of Moscow, there is a shared apartment. Nothing is really remarkable about said apartment. It had cream colored shutters hanging from the windows, a table with chairs situated in the tiny kitchen, and a half empty vodka bottle laying prostrate against said wooden table.

What is remarkable, however, is the fact that none of the occupants in that house are of legal drinking age. There are weapons and cartridges situated in the small cupboards instead of clothing. Mission suits are hanging up to dry in the laundry room instead of jeans. And perhaps the strangest of all, there is no sign of life in that house besides that.

Everything is kept meticulously clean. Guns are put away exactly as they were before. Not a bullet out of place. The same can't be said about the vodka bottle - that was still intentional. Sunlight was peeking through the mild, white windows from outside laying the whole apartment in a mild golden sheen. Light flickered against the white and black kitchen tiles. They are so polished clean that your reflection would be visible within it. Still, there would be no reason to clean that meticulously unless the kitchen floors were always getting dirty.

The only sound in that emptied apartment is the crisp call of the weather vane squealing from the top level. It caused this mild, incessant creaking noise which drove out any other sound present in the house - and the occupants in that apartment building claim it keeps the birds away.

There is a winding staircase that leads up to the third floor where the "very normal" apartment is located. There is an elevator too but it has a habit of breaking down or refusing to move when it is most needed to so the tenets tend to avoid using it. Something odd however, is that the maintenance stairs which are conveniently out of the way are used the most, almost as if they are nervous to use the winding staircase ever since one of the neighbors found a puddle of blood near the bottom step.

They thought someone tripped, fell off of it, and died.

That wasn't far off.

Apartment 3B doesn't exactly radiate good and pure vibes. Apart from being almost always ghostly empty, there are no excess decorations which give the place a signature look. No furniture passed the necessary table, dishes, and bed for survival. Some may say that people never did live there and that's why it looks so hollow inside. That, besides the bare bones of appliances, clean white walls, and shiny black and white tile floors, is nothing.

Nothing.

Just the face of a ploy much sinister than the simple "accidental" time that man fell off of the elevator. Maybe...just perhaps, the tiles were stained a deep crimson at one point and were scrubbed away to perfection. The weather vane still creaking atop the ghoulish apartment was not nearly as deadly - and fear provoking - as the teenagers who live there.