Chapter 5

Ⓢⓤⓘⓒⓘⓓⓔ

ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ

*Karla's POV* 

The smell of cleaning products reaches my nose before I even open my eyes. I thought I had done it. So why am I smelling Clorox? 

Slowly, I open my eyes to see the black walls of the room. The tv is on playing Spongebob and a plate is on the side of it. My arm has some type of gauze wrapped around it. I'm not even in my clothes anymore. 

What the hell? 

A clatter from the bathroom makes me turn over there. Honestly, I don't feel like I have the strength to be able to walk over there. So I wait quietly. 

On the nightstand, I see a glass of water and can't help but grab it with shaky hands. The water is refreshing. 

Before I can even try to place it back down I drop it onto the floor causing the glass to shatter. 

"Fuck" I mumble to myself quietly. 

Footsteps from the bathroom begin to run towards me.

"Your awake" Leon says. Well, I certainly didn't expect him to be here. I don't respond to him but just move the blanket so I can get up to clean the stupid glass.

"Don't worry about it" He says while leaving back into the bathroom to get a broom. He quickly comes over to my side and sweeps up the glass. I'm amazed at the fact that he would even clean-

Wait a minute..

I'm alive.. 

Leon's in my room..

Gauze around my- 

Leon found me. How could I be so stupid in figuring that out!?

"Listen..we don't have to talk about it right now if you don't want to.." he says quietly. "But you can't do something like that again. I might not be able to cover you up in time and if mom or dad found out they'd send you to some hospital. Just don't do that..okay?" He says his voice full of concern. 

I nod slowly and continue trying to get up. After a few tries, Leon ends up helping me. 

"Do you like chicken?" He says leading me out of the room and downstairs towards the kitchen. 

"Yea," I say. 

"Okay, just sit there." I do as he says and watch him put two chicken legs on a plate with rice. Then he gives it to me. 

"There," he says going to the chair next to mine to sit. 

Why is he doing all of this for me? He doesn't even know me. 

I begin to eat once I see that he went onto his phone. 

"Also, mom and dad aren't home they went to a business meeting and the rest of the crew is probably in their room or the game room" He tells me which I nod to. 

"Wheres Sprinkles?" 

"I took him outside..he's been waiting for you to wake up for a while." I nod and continue eating my food ignoring everything else. 

What do you say to someone who saved you from dying? Just like Nate, I don't know what to say. 

Once I finish my chicken and rice I get up and walk over to the backyard door. I see Sprinkles resting his head on the floor. 

I always feel bad for trying to leave him but it doesn't stop my fucking pain for wanting to die. 

I open the door and let him in. He greets me by licking my entire face. I laugh softly and get up to see Leon looking straight at me. 

I know he wants answers but I can't tell him. 

I don't say anything as I walk past him with Sprinkles hot on my tail. I make my way up the stairs and into my room. I make a quick pit stop at the bathroom only to be stopped by Leon's arm. I didn't even see him behind me.

"I'm just going to pee.." I whisper to him. He nods but doesn't make an effort to let me go. Instead, he enters the bathroom with me. 

"Um.." 

"Just go I won't look," He says while turning around to face the wall. I sigh quietly and do my business quickly. Then I wash my hands and leave the bathroom. I walk over to the bed ignoring Leon who sat on the couch.

Why can't he leave me alone? 

"I'll be watching Spongebob," he says.

Ugh. What has my life become? I don't understand any of this shit. Why do I have to go through it? 

I close my eyes just thinking about everything. I make sure I face the other wall so that he can't see me. Sooner or later darkness overcomes me, washing away all my problems.