surprise (edited)

*sofie*

After the conversation with Atul, I bid my goodbyes and left the Verma mansion. Harry was already waiting for me. With in 45 mins we reached  home.

I greeted Mary, then called Vicky to check out when they all are coming.

Vicky confirmed they are on their way and will be reaching in few hours.

So after getting change I went downstairs to help Mary in the kitchen. With in no time we prepared all of  Vicky's favorite dishes, along with gajar ka halwa.

I had nothing much to do. Since it was Sunday no classes too. Was getting bore. Then I remembered about the number, Mrs.verma had given.

I'm still not comfortable at calling her Rohini. I will stick to Mrs.verma for now.

I  dailled the number and waited for someone to answer it. I was curious and anxious to know whose number is it.

Then after third ring someone answered. I was surprised to hear her voice. That voice which  was always there to comfort me. The voice which has sung hundreds of lullabies when I had nightmares. The voice which I was longing to hear from so many weeks. That one voice which always made my worries disappear.

Yes, it was my mother's voice. But she sounded weak and tired. I wanted to ask her what's wrong. Wanted to ask so many things. All that anger which was bottled inside me suddenly disappeared as soon as she took my name.

"Sofie, I know it's you honey. Please speak darling......
Talk to mamma..."

I choked at her words suppressed my sob and asked her the only question I was wondering from the moment I learnt I'm to be married.

"Why mom, ?"

She sighed, I could imagine her slumping her shoulders. And biting her lower lip. Which my momma does when ever she is curious or anxious.

"I will tell you everything sweeti, please forgive us. We never wanted it to be that,way. Always remember we love you honey.

You know we were never rich right, but we were living comfortable life. You see honey,  remember  two years ago we borrowed some money for your father's kidney transplant.

We were in debt with Verma's family. We thought we could pay them. But we couldn't. And your father's body started rejecting the kidney. We had to have another operation as soon as possible.

So when I met Mrs.verma, and asked for more money. She demanded me to clear all the previous balance. We didn't had anything to pay our debts.

That is when I received your call, she saw your photo on call screen. Asked me about you.

As soon as she learnt you are our daughter, she wanted you to marry his son. At that time I didn't know anything about Vicky's condition. Then she explained me.

I had two choices either your happiness or my husband's life. I'm sorry honey, I had to choose his life over your happiness.

You have no idea how guilty we feel about this.

Sweeti, the love which a mother possess for her children has no comparison. No love is greater than that love. But I was being selfish and considered your father's health.

I'm sorry, please forgive me."

And she started crying. I didn't know how to console her. I was angry, hurt, upset and hurt. More hurt. And hate.

I hated myself for not paying attention properly. How can I miss those signs when, ma and pa always wanted to go out. Their frequent doctor's visit and all the time papa's deteriorating health.

Hurt , because my mother didn't tell me any of this.

"Mom, why?(sniffles) why didn't you say anything to me.? We could have done something else"

"No honey, we needed more money and another transplant. Case,was very complicated, had to come London for this"

"You are in London now?"

"Yea, I'm sorry. But Mrs.Verma is paying for us.

Are you ok sofie?? You forgive us?"

"Of course mom, there's nothing to forgive. you made a right choice. Just. Just be careful and take care of dad . "

Oh honey, of course I will.. he will be glad to hear about this. Good bye sweeti. You are very brave. Take care. Love you. "

"Yea mom, don't worry about me. I'm happy here. Love you too. Bye"

After hanging the cell I felt both relief and sad at the same time.

I was feeling happy. After all my parents didn't abandon me.

I was in my own thoughts when when Vicky entered the room. I didn't noticed until a body crashed upon me. And hugged me tight. I returned his hug. This is what I needed after such an eventful day.

He looked at me. And asked,

"Soppy, what's wrong, why are you crying? Is it because I left you alone and went to camp? Please I'm solly, pretty please. Next time I won't go anywhere without you"

"No Vicky I'm good, it's just I called my mom and learnt that my dad isn't doing well"

"Oh, he will be alright. Don't worry. Common I have an idea."

-rebel ridz

Hello watty friends. Hope you all doing good. First of chapter is unedited. Have many mistakes. Spare me have no time to correct em right now. 

Plz some of you think I'm deliberately delaying the updates to create suspense.
Common ppl, seriously??

I already told you all how busy I am. So plz stop blaming me, for these stuff.

Apart from that thank u every one.
Especially _khwaish_
                   Paarri
                   Princessaries
For helping with the title which I will update soon.
And I got a perfect plan for Valentine's special.
Thanks for the advice.

As usual
Vote. Comment. Share. Follow

Love y'all