Moving on (edited)

Dedicated to all my best friends.

AN: SORRY MY LOVELY WATTY READERS, MY UPDATES GETTING SLOWER. I AM JUST BUSY WITH WORK. I DON'T EVEN GET OFF ON WEEKENDS. STILL TRYING MY BEST FOR U GUYS.

Oh and I am expecting maximum votes, and comments for this chapter. ;)

*Sofie*

Two years later.....

"Sof, lets get going. You have got an interview to attend. We have to be there on time. London's streets get busy at this time of the day"

Said my best friend aka my room mate Laya.

And yup you heard her right. I am staying in London with Laya, since past two years.

After coming here I enrolled myself for full time programming classes as well as applied for bachelors in Computer Science,

After my late night studies, extra classes to graduate early and with excessive hard work I passed my exams with 3.8 average.

I have got an interview to attend now. I am anxious, yes... but not afraid. Nothing scares me any more. I am proud to be what I am today.

When I looked at mirror for the final touch, I could see a confident and independent woman in front of me.

I was wearing black pencil skirt, pink blouse, and pink heels.

My hair fell past my shoulders in a wavy form, the pink lipgloss I applied makes my lips shine, my chocolate brown eyes stared back at me with maturity.

When I made sure my attire is good for interview, I got my purse and moved to where Laya was waiting.

"Hold your horses Laya, I was just making sure I look good enough for this interview"

"Good enough?? Seriously sof, you look drop dead gorgeous....
By the way at what time will you be back?"

"I don't know Laya, why?"

"Oh nothing, its just that D is coming from Dubai, and we are going on a date. So don't wait for me."

"Oh wow! That's great Laya, you go ahead . You guys need some time together. Say Hi for me. Will see you tomorrow then."

"Yea, sure will. I miss him a lot. This long distance relationship taking its toll on me. But still I wouldn't change this for any thing."

I just smiled at her. You see D is her boyfriend. He's in Dubai and she's in London doing her masters. They were college sweethearts. They are so cute together.

Some times its hard for them to maintain this long distance relationship. But they are working hard for this.

We reached S.V Software Development Company within 45 minutes. I bid my goodbye and went inside.

You see it is one of the biggest software developing companies in London. It has its head quarters at London and in India.

And other branches at New York, California, etc. I just wish I get the job here.

When I made my way, to the 21st floor where the interview was conducted. Mrs. Linton, the secretary asked me to wait with other candidates.

When I was sitting at the lobby and waiting for her to call me, my mind brought the memories of that dreadful day, which still gives me nightmares.

The day when I lost myself . The day when I walked out of my previous life. From Vicky's life....

Two years ago,

When we were interrupted by Melanie. She came towards him and launched at Vicky's awaiting arms.

Till then I didn't even realise Vicky was no more holding me.

Soon there hugs turned into kisses. It was Millie who initiated that kiss, but Vicky didn't stop her. He even kissed her back.

And at that moment what ever was remaining of my so called heart, broke into pieces, it shattered, crushed under the weight.

It was like somebody had ripped my soul from my body. It was like their kiss was mocking at me. Taunting me.

I couldn't stand there any more. That sight was suffocating me. I had to get away from there.

So I turned back and walked away from there. Each step I took away from Vicky broke me, my confidence, my esteem, my dreams... every single thing in me turned into emptiness.

I called Laya, and told her what happened, next thing I knew I was sitting on a plane.

When I reached London she was there to pick me up.When we reached her apartment I couldn't control myself and I broke down.

I sobbed into her. Like every best friend, she consoled me, we ate lots of ice cream everyday, watched many movies to forget about my sorrows. But nothing worked.

Because every time I closed my eyes, I could see the sight of Vicky and Millie kissing each other. My nightmares were horrible. They were filled with the images of Vicky and Melanie getting married , having children.

And that was horrible. I just couldn't get over him. I knew it was not his mistake. I knew some day it was bound to happen. I thought I was ready for this. But its easier said than done.

Every night thier images haunted my dreams and life. I wanted everything to end.

Every night Laya, was there to help me. My friends Hady and Marzi face timed me daily. But nothing was working.

After six months living in self pity I decided , enough is enough and moved on with my life. I even went on three dates just to prove marzi I am over him.

I never took his name. I wanted to forget him completely.

But I couldn't . Still a part of me loves him, craves for him. But its better now. I can think of every moment we spent together with a smile and without hurt.

And I think its time I start living my life again....

I was in my own thoughts, I didn't even hear when Mrs. Linton called my name.

"Mrs. SOFIA SHARMA IT'S YOUR TURN!!"

I apologized her and made my way in.

Mr. Zachary Anderson was the CEO of this branch. He conducted my interview and was impressed by me.

"Mrs. Sharma, you are a very brave , confident and hard working young woman . It will be our pleasure to have you here. But there's no more vacancy in our London branch "

Ouch...

"However we needed a computer technician at our branch in India. You will be the best candidate for that. If you are willing to work in India then you can have this job".

India... The country which holds everything from my previous life. Am I ready to go back and face everything again....?

_rebel ridz

Okay, here's the update you guys have been waiting for.
It was hard to write this chapter. Let me know what you think of this.
Eagerly waiting for your response.
So vote. Comment. Share. Follow.

Love ya'll.