Keefe's Prospective

"Watch where your going you little worthless orphan. Don't you know that there are people here who are actually wanted? Go back to the stupid hole you crawled out and cry to your mommy. Oh that's right your parents are dead!" The rude girl exclaimed. I was beyond angry now.  How had this beautiful, I mean poor girl stayed under our abuse radar so long. 

He neighbor had been the one to flag her. He had overheard a conversation they had that morning through their open window about her not discussing a certain episode he had. Now I learn that she was emotionally and physically abused at school too! I couldn't take it. I had to do something to help her. That's when I noticed I'd been too absorbed in my thoughts to notice a fist fight break out between the two. Well if you could call it a fist fight. It was the poor girl Sophie curled up in a ball while the rude girl rained blows on her. 

I ran towards them hoping to break it up. I yelled, "Stop it you'll kill her!" By now she had taken a lot of blows. Darn me I should've reacted faster. I yelled, "Where's the nearest healing center!" One of the students pointed me in the right direction. I cradled Sophie bridle style and raced her to the healing center. 

The medic rushed to her side and murmured, "Again Sophie?" I turned to the medic and asked, "Does she come here often?" "Sorry how rude of me, I'm Livvy! Sophie is a frequent visitor at the healing center. Who are you, and how do you know Sophie?" She questioned reminding me a bit of a reporter. 

"Oh, I'm Keefe! I'm kind of here on behalf of the child protective services. I was supposed to watch Sophie and get her to agree to come to the lost cities foster home." I responded. I was still a little bit ashamed to be a representative of the Lost Cities Foster home since I wasn't an official resident. 

I suddenly caught Sophie's eyes fluttering from the corner of my eye. I made a zipping motion from towards Livvy as if to say don't tell her what we were talking about. Sadly she didn't get the message. "Sophie you got another abusive foster family? I told you to come to me if you needed anything." Livvy started. Sophie interrupted her before she went much further. "Livvy they threatened to separate Amy from me if we had another issue with another family. You know how I am with Amy. I need her! I couldn't tell you. I can't lose her, we're all the other has left. 

I was stunned by this. They usually took good care of those who had an abuse family in the past. "How many have you had?" I questioned. She looked over at me the surprise clear in her face telling me she hadn't registered my presence in  the room. "Oh this would be my 5th." She replied lightly like this was something she was used to. "Though according to my worker Alina it's all my fault," Sophie continued. 

Before I could react to that statement the door slammed open. A cute little girl a few years younger than Sophie entered. Her eyes were red and puffy, she was out of breathe like she had run a long distance. Sophie gasped, "Amy what are you doing here, you should be at school!" Amy started crying the moment she saw Sophie. She ran over to her and hugged her tight. All she could do was whimper. She must have gotten something out because Sophie turned pale. 

"It's happening today isn't it?" Sophie whispered. Amy nodded in confirmation. Suddenly the door burst open for the second time. This time it admitted a tall and bulky man. Livvy turned pale then started shouting, "Richard you know you are not aloud to come in here under any circumstances. The man didn't pause. "She's my property, and she's coming with me! She'll go to the highest bidder I can find for such a worthless girl. Amy your mine too, come!" Sophie went limp and aloud Richard to pull her away dragging her by her wrist. Amy stood still, white as a ghost. Richard paused and started to move towards Amy suggesting pain if she didn't come.

Suddenly Sophie burst to life and yelled, "Livvy I give you permission please do it!" Livvy stepped in font of Richard and revealed papers. I will take Amy for you Richard. Amy's jaw dropped. Then she cheered and ran over towards Livvy and hugged her. She looked expectantly towards Sophie, but Sophie stayed put and offered a small wave toward Amy and aloud herself to be dragged away once more. 

Amy suddenly understood that her older sister wouldn't be joining her in safety and started to cry.  I suddenly remembered that I had a phone call to make. If I wanted to get Sophie back I would have to hire the black swan to get her back.