Experiments & desperation

It had been almost 3 weeks from what I could tell. They tried to keep me on the drugs but for some reason the effect had started to wear out faster and not be as potent. A whole month of being in a drug haze and half conscious as they did experiment after experiment on me. 

Needle after needle of ejections, drugs, medicines, and what ever else they felt like using or testing on me. One day they didn't give me my daily drug, they instead led me to a room and tied me to a chair. I'm still blindfolded but I can tell that someone entered the room not long after I did. 

"So, what's a pretty thing like you doing here?" The rough and scratchy voice asked. "What do you mean? Your the ones who brought me here." I reminded the voice. "No, I don't mean here. I mean why were you created?" the voice asked sounding intrigued.

 "You mean to say you don't know the story?" I asked pretending to sound shocked. "No, would you tell me?" The stranger sounded eager and excited. 

"Well, you see." I started. "When a mommy and a daddy love each other very much...." "STOP! I know that story and I don't want to hear it. I was talking about why you were experimented on. Not how normal children are created." The voice boomed. He was mad, or at least irritated. "Shame I thought you really wanted to know. I was so excited to tell you. Now what is this about me being an experiment?" I questioned. 

The man groaned. At least I was almost 90% sure it was a man. "Maybe I should introduce her to Keefe" He grumbled to himself. I froze. "Ah, so you've met Keefe. How did this happen?" So they didn't know that Keefe was part of the Blackswan. Well I wouldn't be the one to tell them. 

Suddenly a blindfold was ripped off my head to expose not one person, but four. Evidently they'd been asked to remain quiet until the leader decided otherwise.  

(Minus the pointy ears and medieval stuff)⬇️

"Um, nice you meet all you guys but can I go now?" I asked

"Um, nice you meet all you guys but can I go now?" I asked. "No, you belong to us now." The leader responded. Her voice changing from it's deep vocal back to what I assumed was her normal voice. "Hate to burst your bubble but according to the constitution I belong to me." I responded smartly. "Actually, you were sold to us by your late guardian. These official documents here say that you are my responsibility and therefore mine." She responded in the same tone. 

"Alright, so I legally belong to you doesn't mean I won't escape." I say defiantly.  "Your cute. You and my son would get along." she answers. She has a board tone in her voice, but it's just to tell my reactions. Keefe was her SON! I kept my face neutral knowing she wanted to know what I thought about this development. 

"Of course I haven't seen him in years. From what I'm guessing his father told him he thinks I'm dead." She continued. She seemed deep in thought. Until the man with the long blonde ponytail purposely cleared his throat. "Oh, I was monologuing to myself again. Now I believe it's my turn to tell you a story." She said with an evil smile.

"Once there was two scientists by the name of Kate and Connor Freeman . Or as you may know them, William and Emma Foster. The two wanted to get pregnant, but couldn't for unknown reasons. They eventually realized that humans carried certain toxins that made it harder for them to get pregnant. They invented something called Bottle of Youth and after experimenting a bunch, perfected the formula. When they "mysteriously" died, the Blackswan couldn't pass up the opportunity to have a little puppet. And the formula was lost, however we know they wouldn't leave it laying around. It was never found, we think you know where it is Sophie." The women declared.

"So, Sophie. Unless you want this story, or your story to have a very tragic and sudden ending you'll tell us where it is or where you think it is." she said happily. She seemed proud of herself for thinking of such a thing, but the jokes on her because I don't know what they are talking about. 

Before she could answer anyways the blonde haired man who had interrupted before did again. "Come on Gisela, I doubt she remembers. Even if she does do you think she'll tell us. It's her parents. Please let me do what I do best." he practically begged.  I could tell by now I wasn't going to like what happened next. He desperately wanted to do it and so did the others it looked like. 

She looked almost reluctant. That's when I realized. I reminded her of her son. She would never hurt him and therefore didn't want to hurt me. However that reluctance soon faded as she reminded herself that I wasn't her son. "Go ahead Fintan." She nodded. "You, Brant, and Vespera can do what you want with her." Then she left.

They all rushed towards the wall where I assumed they kept there choice torture deceives. Then I heard them bicker over who got me first. Fintan won sadly. He slowly came towards me with a lighter of sorts in his hands. He snatched my wrist before I had the chance to react. He then preceded to burn my wrist. I tried to hold it back, but the pain grew to be too much. I screamed.

*************

Yesterday, or what I'd assumed to be yesterday, I'd passed out from the pain of Fintan burning me. Today from what I've heard is Brant's day. Though it sounded like it would be much of the same as Fintan. Everyday they still put me on drugs hoping the answer would slip out while my mind was away. For some reason though Instead of making me talk my mind would wonder off and away from the pain. There was this place in my mind, a nook of sorts, and I was safe there. 

When I came out again Brant was already done. Brant had used a candle by the looks of it. He'd burnt designs into my skin. They were almost pretty, but still hurt a lot. I was the most scared for tomorrow, or Vespera's day. She wasn't like the other two. She was patient. She would take her sweet time and be delicate, but firm. She hated me for some reason I couldn't name. It was there in her eyes. 

My mind couldn't take this anymore. It wondered off to the "nook" bracing it's self for what lay ahead. 

**************

My eyes sharpened as my senses woke up. First my toes twitched, then I flexed my wrists, then I slowly opened my eyes and let them adjust to the dark cell. Vespera was sitting there quietly in the cell. Just sitting there as if she'd been waiting for me to wake up. She probably had. I sighed and waited for whatever she had planned. "I know you dozed off during Fintan's and Brant's demonstrations, but I don't recommend doing the same for mine." she said in a haunting raspy voice.

"What!" I remarked. Trying my best to exaggerate as much as possible. "I was really looking forward to my nap time." I said trying my best to look disappointed.  It was hard though when you'd been without food and water for 3 (I think) days being tortured. I was so tired, and though I joked about nap time I really wouldn't mind one right now.

She grinned. "Gisela was right about you. You are a lot like her son." Her expression changed. "Though in my opinion if she loved him she would get him away from the his emotional abusing father." I froze at that. Keefe hadn't said anything absent mother, and an emotional abusing father. Maybe he was more like me than I thought. 

"Ah, so  you care for her son." Vespera said, a wicked grin on her face. I immediately realized my mistake. I wiped any emotion from my face. "You know, Cassius isn't the only one whose good at emotional abuse." She said causally. Crap. She took out a knife. "Or we could combine the two. That could make this even funner. Yes, let's." She murmured almost talking to herself.

*2 hours later*I was dripping with blood I could almost taste the metallic coppery scent my nose had caught. By now my body wasn't the only thing ruined. She was right sometimes words do cut deeper then knives. 

That's when it all came back. Crap! I did know where it was, but they weren't getting it. Not if I could help it.