Chapter VII (Part 1)

Authors note:

      It's been a week! I was aiming to post sooner, but then I started writing for the future and have about 12 paragraphs for six different chapters that aren't even close to where we are now. I've been diving a bit more into the lore of Tbhk because guess what~? I got those volumes from barns and noble! If you're a manga fan, get ready. ;) It'll be a bumpy road, and I'll make sure to put spoiler warnings for the anime fans out there. I've only read volumes 5-6, so don't get too excited. :') With warning, minor spoilers are welcome in the comment section. It'll help me in the future when I'm building this Au. Though, nothing about deaths of any kind, they make me too sad. ;-;

                                                                       ~

      You secured your hands on your hips and swayed sassily. You felt the music and went with it, making dramatic gestures toward the atmosphere around you. You snapped your fingers to the beat and tapped your foot somewhat. "Are you crawling 'round the vents? Or can you prove your innocence?" You looked at your imaginary audience, shrugging as if their lives were out of your hands. You then furrowed your eyebrows to play the part, though a smile crept up your face as the chorus started. What you did was indescribable. Could you call it a pure insanity dance? Because that's what it would look like to any unsuspecting person. You spun around multiple times, all while using emotion to re-enact the Among us music video you had watched earlier. "I ain't gonna let there be, no more dyin'! No more dyin'! Don't go lyin' to me! I saw a body lyin' there~! It was right there!" You pointed in front of you, and there was Hanako. You almost doubled over right there and laughed your ass off at the irony. But that would be inappropriate. He looked utterly bewildered. You decided it was best if you didn't burn his eyes anymore than you probably already have. "Just the ghost I was looking for!" You shut off the music and headed over toward him. "You didn't have to stop?" That seemed more like an uncertain question than a statement, so you waved him off. "Yes, I did. Anyway, are you busy today?" He gave you an expression of curiosity, "For the right price, I can be-" you shut him up with an objective hand. "Pfft, no, why wouldn't I be free~?" You rolled your eyes, "Good, let's go." He blinked twice, "Go... where?" You instinctively went to grab his hand, only huffing when you realized for the millionth time you couldn't touch him. "Hold my hand." You demanded. He was surprised for a solid second before decorating his face with that traditional grin of his. "So feisty,~" He complied, "Oh wow, your hands are-" you then started to run, dragging him with you. This startled him, "We're not in a hurry, are we?" He raised his voice against the wind. Though, you didn't answer, only smiling as the frosty air swept past you. It pricked your bare skin, but you were used to it.

                                                                           ~

      It wasn't long before the two of you stopped. Despite being a ghost, Hanako seemed to be just as tired out as you were. "Why did we run again?" He asked, dusting himself off. You took greedy breaths before responding. "Why not? It's a beautiful day out!" You shouted with optimism. "No, it's a cold day out." He pointed out, watching your misty-like breath. "And you're freezing!" He gestured to your shivering form. You chuckled, "Okay, mom." He huffed, crossing his arms, and floated next to you. "What is all this?" He referred to the contents inside your backpack. "Activities." He raised an eyebrow. You drew out your excuse for a phone and pressed on Tik Tok. You scrolled through a few different trends, though they were a bit too provocative for your taste. Hanako seemed to like them, but you decided not to comment on it. You then found the 'Tiny Gun' challenge. 'That seems easy enough.' You thought, setting up your phone. "Just copy me." He seemed confused, but when you started to bounce, he followed your example. Things only got trickier from there, as you flailed your arms around in a criss-cross motion, then a whip. The whole experience was intriguing, and the best part was seeing you jump around with a smile.

                                                                                       ~

To be continued.

.

.

.

Authors note II:

I wanted to get this put out because this has been sitting around for too long. I'm actively working on the storyline and future chapters, so bear with me. I swear when I say I've already written 12 paragraphs, I'm serious. I'm really excited about this! Though I need a little break to sort through my writer's block. 

Edit: The lyrics I quoted was "Lying' 2 Me" by CG5, I take no credit.