Never let go (Oneshot 3)

"Y/n, wait!" The ghost boy called after you as you trudged away. "Why am I waiting?" You asked with a harsh tone that visibly made Hanako flinch. You felt a twinge of guilt but kept up your somewhat aggressive attitude. You won't let him push you around! With that thought burning in your mind, you continued to walk despite the cries of said boy. "Cmon Y/n! Talk to me!" You began to feel childish and guilty, so with great reluctance, you faced him. Tears were streaming down your red face, and you could see the worry on his face. "Y/n?" He questioned carefully, but it only made you feel worse. You instantly rubbed at your eyes and turned away, hiccuping softly. "Y/n! Hey!" He tried to get your attention, "Go away!" He tried to reason with you, but right now, you were embarrassed and mad at yourself. "I wish you would go away!" You could see his hesitance to do so, but he wasn't prying you anymore. You ran away crying.

                                                                                                     ~

     It took a few days before you could face him again, but you knew you'd hate yourself if you used your wish on something as petty as having him not see you anymore. When you put a fist up to the third stall, it shook violently, and you almost took it away from the door. You took a deep breath and fulfilled the summoning ritual. You felt weird; you were knowingly and willingly knocking on the ghost's door. "Hanako, Hanako, Hanako!" You chanted. "That's me!" The said boy answered, and you began to feel pangs of regret. You fidgeted slightly, which made him raise an eyebrow. "I didn't mean," you started, glancing at your shaky hands for some kind of encouragement to keep going. "To hurt you, I'm sorry if I..." you trailed, as tears formed in the corners of your eyes. "I didn't mean-" you cut yourself off. He was surprisingly patient with you and let you continue. You gazed at his transparent figure, watching it flow in and out. "I'm really sorry, Hanako." He smiled faintly, holding his arms out for you to crash into, which you did without hesitance. You sobbed quietly into his shoulder as he rubbed circles on your back. "It's okay Y/n, you're okay. I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have pushed you." His soothing voice and words left you in a daze. You felt your hold soften, but that made you grip harder, you never wanted to let go.