Chapter 4

//sanctuary of vampires//

I let myself be dragged by a strange guy, and I get the impression from his presence that he isn't harmful. I didn't let my guard down because he appeared to be a comrade.

It's risky to put your trust in somebody you don't know. We pulled into a parking lot, and I noticed a nerdy guy leaning against a black car, as if waiting for someone.

Something doesn't seem quite right. He made a motion towards us.

"Thank heavens, you're fine." He exclaimed joyfully.

"As one would expect from someone in a position of authority." He cocked his head and smirked.

"Start the engine, Sailor. The witches are on their way." The nerd simply nodded when the random guy said something.

We entered the vehicle. They both have the same features, but they have different personalities, as I noticed when I glanced at them.

"Hello, my name is Taylor Maurich." They appear to be twins, as far as I can tell.

"You don't smell like humans anymore, both of you." They both began looking at each other, as if signaling with their eyes, after I said it directly.

I froze because I sense a bond with them. Don't tell me....

"I despise the way Taylor regards us. Those ferocious eyes terrify me. It's possible that looking at them will trigger negative recollections." Taylor gave Sailor a serious look when he murmured like a child.

"Allure. That's what I'm referring to. I'm sure you know who we are by now." Looking at me, Taylor stated candidly.

This is the first time I've encountered a vampire, and not just one, but two, including a pure-blooded vampire.

I didn't realize the nerdy guy in school, Sailor, was a vampire? Is that even possible? When I gave Sailor a serious look, he flinched.

He's a vampire, which is why he survived the lethal poison poured into him some time ago. Many questions remain unanswered in my mind, but I have chosen to remain discreet. I still don't have trust in them. I'm not sure how they know I'm one of them.

Vampires have the ability to hear anyone's thoughts, but unfortunately for them, I always seal my mind, and they do the same. We arrived to a site that is difficult to locate for a human.

As soon as we stepped outside, a slew of leaves had fallen; it seemed like autumn. I explore around what appears to be a spectacular location, but it appears to be a haven. This location appears to be unusual for me.

"Welcome to our home, the vampires' home." While we were walking, Taylor confidently stated.

I passed by a mansion, although it was not nearly as large as mine. I noticed a few strangers around us looking at us with puzzled expressions, possibly because I smell differently than they do.

We arrived at their location. I get a nostalgic ambiance, as if I've been here before. Is it the same age group of individuals I see in the corridor who look at us with respect, or is it just the twins? We entered a conference room with five elderly people who appeared to be in the meeting.

"Please pardon me, elders. A visitor, or should I say a special guest, has arrived." Taylor interrupted them, and they stared at me, studying me as if I were someone they'd seen before.

They began bowing as if they were paying respect to a superior.

"It's lovely to have you return, Your Highness." The elders all stated the same thing.

Even I was shocked by how closely the twins gazed at each other. I used to think such name was only for witches, yet even vampire elders referred to me as a highness, a royalty.

"What do you mean, your highness elders?" With a puzzled expression on his face, Sailor questioned.

"We brought her because she's one of us, but addressing her as royalty made it sound like you knew more about her." He went on to say.

Based on our previous interaction, I assumed the twins already knew who I was.

"I despise the way Taylor looks at us. Those ferocious eyes irritate me. It's possible that looking at them will bring up unpleasant recollections."

"Remind me of horrible memories."

It appears like they have known each other for a long time.

"We must not speak of the forbidden or share it." Says one of the elders.

Forbidden? What did she mean when she said forbidden? My existence?

"Victoria, we have to leave right now." The old lady muttered something to her companion older, and Victoria nodded, but then she hesitated and gave us a serious look.

"Our highness is half of us, and you know what I'm talking about." The two elders left when she bowed to me.

She uses the term "half" to refer to my existence. Half-vampire, half-witch. With a name like that, how did they know who I was?

My surname does not sound royal, and I have never heard or read my surname in old literature or in publications about royal bloodlines.

I began to contemplate my surname, wondering if it was actually my surname. Allure? I recall Mr. Bill's forefathers. Allure, they added, is like a second name.

They were looking for an Allure surname a long time ago, but it was only known to humans. One of the seniors had a pained expression on his face as he glanced at me. He let out a sigh.

"Sailor and Taylor, we already know who she is. She has been a target of witches, particularly the witch hunter, for a long time. I believe you've already run into the witch hunter." I nodded as he glanced at me.

"We already know she's the target, but you didn't mention anything about royalty, elder Sama." Taylor remarked.

"We can't tell, there's a barrier." When Elder Sama saw the twins, he looked remorseful.

"I know we've been friends for a long time, but words are sometimes limited."

Friends? We used to be friends? I'm unable to retell the fact that I have friends. I don't recall ever having friends, and I can't picture having them now.

"Your Highness, I feel compelled to inform you." Elder Sama was the one who talked. I gave him a thorough look.

"You're being pursued by the vampire hunter." The abrupt announcement of Elder Sama furrowed my brow. Vampire hunter?

A vampire hunter is pursuing me in this new quest.