Chapter 12

UNEDITED

Witch

I went to Breda, Netherlands. It’s a lovely city to explore on a sunny day. I wore a retro sunglasses shades. The city is full of classic architecture.

While finding the bookshop someone approached me, a photographer. She asked politely, if I can be her model for a moment. I declined her offer but she gives me her call card and I accepted it. She bowed at me before leaving.

I read her call card name. Neon Luke Keiftey from Homé Camp in Paris, a photographer student.

I continue searching the bookshop’s name, Viste bookshop. Lauren Viste is the name of the owner that Missouri wrote it in the sticky note.

I stopped when I saw the bookshop. I immediately entered inside and the bell rings as I step. I went to the counter and asked.

“Good afternoon noon. Can I talk to the owner?” I wore off the shades.

“Yes, wait a minute.” She replied and used the telephone. I heard the owner said, okay.

“Follow me.” I nodded for response and while following her I saw lots of unknown and unused books in every bookshelves we passed by.

We entered to a light yellow room that has lots of green plants mostly are mini cactus.

I thought I’m meeting an old lady. I remember Missouri told me it’s her grandmother’s friend. She’s in her mid 30’s.

She’s a witch I compromise. She put the water sprayer on her table and slowly turning into my direction.

She stared at me suspiciously and then she’s blinking multiple times.
I can’t read her mind. She blocked her thoughts like the other witches I encountered. She suddenly kneeled down to the floor and asked for forgiveness. She knew me.

“Your highness, my mistake for not recognizing you. Forgive me.” She said between her sobs.

“Who are you.” I seriously asked.

“Stand up.” I commanded.

She immediately stand up but still not looking at me, she's scared.

“Abigail Greg, one of the slaves to the Queen.” She spoke truthfully.

She changed her name to Lauren Viste. I can feel she’s very scared to my presence. I can tell how terror the Queen of the Witches is.

“Face me.” I seriously said.

She’s trembling and she can’t barely looked at me which reminded her to someone. I saw her scars to her hand. She suffered a lot.

“I want to comprehend something.”

“What is it, your highness.”

“I can’t read your mind.” She looked terrified.

“And the other witches that stay on the human world also.” I added.

“T-The Q-Queen.” She cried.

So, it’s the Queen’s power why I can’t read the witches mind. She’s very powerful as I imagine.

“How did you managed to escaped?”

“By breaking the law of the world of witches. I give up my power and give it to the Queen then she spare me away.” She said.

It’s a curse to give up the power of your own and the curse is she will not age and her life will be shorten. It’s cruel for witches to experience.

“I-It’s nice to see you b-back, your highness.” She managed to put a smile.

“I thought you were d-dead.” She added.

I have a clue who erased my memories but I’m still unsure.

“I want the old books that you buy in Karri Marriott Antique Shop.” I seriously said.

“Y-Your highness, it’s forbidden for you to read. It’s all about v-vampires.” She said while stuttering. Why did she buy the old books?

"An old friend of mine handed me the old books which I didn't know her reason and I accepted it." That's why. I get it now.

But she didn’t know I’m a half vampire. I remember the incident in the school how shocked the witches seeing me summoning a sword and saw my eyes turned into a bloody red. I bet the world of witches didn’t know really, about my real existence.

“She’s an immortal but her real existence is quite complicated.” I remember how Missouri said those words. My real existence is very complicated as I imagine.

“I want the old books.” I said.

“Your mother will be mad about…” I cut her off. So, my mother didn't like me to read about the existence of vampires.

“You’re are no longer on my mother’s world. You’re free. I want the books now.” She silently cried and said, how thankful she is.

She went to her table and handed me a black box. I slowly opened the box. I silently read the titles of the books, Moonshine, Summoning Art and Blended Life. These are the old books.

“Are you planning to go back to your world, your highness?” She politely asked.

“Yes.” I responded.

“Uhmm. I suggested you will not go there.” I stared at her, suspecting something.

“It will create more chaos.” She added and looked away. I remember how Silver said those words when I was younger. He said also about chaos.

“Why?” I asked.

“I heard the elder witches was talking about your disappearance and they were relieved. Someone of the group said, it will bring chaos if the daughter of the Queen will comeback. I don’t know the reason.

I can say, you shouldn’t go back to the world of witches. I’m afraid they will hurt you, your highness.” She seriously said.

The witches started targeting me since the day I can’t remember my true identity and the new case also about the vampire hunter and no normal vampires are targeting me, which I find very odd.

“I see.” Trying to calculate something.

“I can handle myself. Don’t worry about me. Live as a human now.” She kneeled again while crying. I can sense how happy she is. She’s free.

“Do you know where the portal book is?” I asked. She stopped.

“Do you mean the entrance and the exit of the different worlds, your highness?” I nodded.

“I don’t know, your highness. I was sent here in the human world by the Queen’s power. She has a portal book on her own.” She slowly standing up.

It means the portal books are true but rare to find.

“Please take care yourself, your highness.” She reminded as soon I bid farewell to her. I went outside to the book shop while holding the black box.

I went back to Amsterdam, the sky is already dark and the atmosphere is cold. I went to our apartment which I bought recently.

I saw the twins running towards me. Taylor got the box out of my hand and Sailor is clinging to my arms.

“You’re so mean, mom. I thought you left as.” Sailor pouted which he reminded me of someone I know recently.

“What are these books? It’s all about vampires? I never seen these books before.” Taylor interrupted while looking the old books inside the box.

“Neither do I.” Sailor shrugged.

“It’s important.” I said.

“Let’s go inside!” Sailor said cheerfully while dragging me.