Chapter 14

UNEDITED

Levis

Nijmegen, a distinctive local character and one of the most personal favorite places in Netherlands aside from Amsterdam. It's quite and has a beautiful classic scenery. We traveled from Amsterdam to Nijmegen because Sailor wants to visit here.

Sailor was busy capturing. I bought him a camera a while ago and he's very joyful. He even captured me secretly, stolen shots.

"I can't believe I'm here. I only saw Nijmegen in magazines." He's very excited. Taylor was bored looking at him.

"Let's go to an art gallery." I said and they nodded.

We entered an art gallery named, Leaf Gallery. I saw familiar paintings, swordsmen, moonshapes and royals. I went closely to recognized the painter's name. Levis.

His paintings are similar to mine, it's all accurate. Someone approached me an old man holding a cane.

"Do you like the paintings?" He asked.

"Yes." I answered. He introduced himself, the owner of the art gallery. Leaf Shiloah.

"Levis is a very talented kid but a mysterious one. He doesn't like to socialize people and he always paints his dreams." He seriously said while looking the paintings.

Levis is a kid? I thought he's a grown man. So, these paintings are his dreams and it doesn't look like an ordinary dream to a human being. He's somewhat special.

"I bought his paintings five years ago in Madrid. It was intriguing to my eyes and it was the reason why I bought it. As I overthink his paintings it tells an old story in the past but...... a tragic one." He added.

His paintings tells mystery, my eyes glued to the portrait of royals. There's a king and queen sitting to their thrones and it there's a kid standing alone, the prince.

Unfortunately, it has no faces. I touched the painting and I felt pain in my chest. It tells no happy ending.

"Levis told me that he cried while painting these one." He pointed the royal portrait.

"He sold his paintings or should I say he sold his dreams so that he can't remember his unforgettable dreams." I felt sadness and loneliness about Levis. I don't know why.

"Where I can find him?" I asked.

"Five years ago he lived in Madrid and one of my old friend of mine told me he's living now in Bern, Switzerland." He said.

"He's living alone. He doesn't know where he came from that's why he's traveling." He added.

He looked at me seriously, his forehead knotted like he's remembering something.

"No. no, it's a coincidence maybe." He muttered and looked back to the painting and when I was about to read his mind, he spoke. I froze.

"You have the same face actually... especially the eyes, fierce and mysterious. He also have a... hair that has a white line." He looked at me.
"It doesn't look like a coincidence to me."

"Are you married or something?" He's thinking Levis is my child.

"I'm not married nor have a boyfriend. I'm single ever since I was a kid. I'm not interested in men." I said seriously. He nodded convincing my words.

"I see. Sorry about that, young lady." He apologized.

"It's okay." I responded.

"It's a coincidence that you have similarities." He laughed.