two

"What is it?"

Mia pulled up the flyer in front of Hazel's face, "There's going to be an Arts and Crafts contest here!"

"Is it for our age range?" Hazel didn't expect it, especially when it's something Hazel was quite passionate about doing.

"Well duh, why did you think I asked you in the first place,"

"Well, shit,"

"What?"

"Do you think I have any skill in art?", Hazel stares at her palms.

"Of course you do, you can paint roses and even my mom can't!"

"Harsh much?"

"Nah, everyone knows she's bad at everything, even dad does,"

"Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try,"
"You coming too?"

"Oh um no, I'd rather join dance which is just around the block,"

"I guess it's her choice anyways,"

♡ ♡ ♡

Hazel just sat there, staring at the ceiling, thinking, "Should I even join the contest?".

"Am I good enough? What am I going to even make? I don't have any fucking ideas!" She wasn't sure nor was she ready, and the contest starts next week.

"Hazel, it's almost dinner!" The sound of her mother caught her by surprise, she quickly ran downstairs to see what she's going to have. She sat down as she eyed on the dinner table, her face drooping in disappointment.

"Ugh, the same old spaghetti, why can't I eat pb&j for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?"

Dinner didn't change, Hazel just sat there and ate in a grumpy mood. Well, she heard what mom and dad were talking about as she ate. I think it was something about "divorce" or "splitting"? Hazel didn't understand what those words meant but she just went along.

Finishing her dinner, brushing her teeth, and finally laying herself on her bed removed the thought of the contest. She ended up sleeping not too long after.

"Good night dear,"

a/n

short filler chapter cus i don't have any ideas lol i might just edit this chapt later