five

hazel's peace was interrupted by the loud screech... that was coming from the kitchen. feeling anxious, she went downstairs. hoping that dad had nothing to do with it...

she was so wrong.

"mom? are you alright?" she asked until she saw what happened, she was distraught. her mom was on the ground, as she was passed out. she didn't respond. though, she was still breathing.

hazel ended up telling her neighbour about it. "she wasn't like... well, it sure does look like it," her neighbour sighed. she decided to bring her onto the couch, she went to the kitchen to make lunch while she waits for hazel's mom to wake up.

hazel's neighbour panicked as she ran up to hazel and crouched down, "listen hazel, i'm pretty sure she's going to be okay,"

"i know, but clearly dad's the asshole here. i'm glad he left,"

her neighbour's eyes widened, "where did you learn that word?"

"i've always known it, you're treating me like i'm a fucking baby,"

"sheesh... don't go that far to drop the f bomb on me, you're far from what i expected a child would react to their parents' divorce,"

"he looks like a porn star on a budget and is supposed to be named 'chad' with that face," hazel spits out with that smug look on her face. at this point she doesn't mind living with his mother alone. but she doesn't know what dad said during the argument.

"damn, alright. hope the best for your relationship with your mum and brother i guess,"

"thanks! i'd expect my life to get better once dad leaves the household,"

her neighbor just rolled her eyes in response, returning to the kitchen. hazel decided to burn off the time while she waited for her mum to wake up from her 'rest'. only her mother knows what awful things had happened to her, it's just that hazel didn't know, nor did she understood.

hazel's mom finally wakes up, the first thing she sees is her daughter sitting next to her on the couch. she's holding her ipad whilst playing geometry dash. hazel didn't seem bothered at all, she was too focused on her ipad. "oh, hey mom," she said in an flat tone, "the neighbour made soup for you, it's on the dinner table,"

"alright sweetheart. thanks for the meal, miss," her mum walks over to the dining table. her legs feel weak, arms are covered with bruises, and still having that horrible headache caused from the argument. her neighbour sighed, "sorry miss jenn, you passed out and hazel called me over to take care of you,"

"oh, thank you so much. but, sorry hazel but you'll have to stay with your dad,"

"WHAT- but mom- i-"

"he said to sign the divorce papers next week, and i've decided that it's better for me to focus on my own stuff," she said as she tried fighting back her tears. she genuinely loved the times she spent with her children. but since she didn't want to suffer anymore and from what her ex-husband said, she decided to face it.

"you could always facetime me if dad's not looking, alright? i still love you, hazel,"

hazel didn't want to accept it, she saw her mother in a bad light yet after realizing what truly happened between the two, she felt guilty. she felt like she was the main problem.

hazel ran back upstairs, hopping onto her bed. first was bella, and now this? what's the next bad thing that's going to happen to me? 

she kept staring at the ceiling, hoping that everything will turn out fine between her parents. to be fair, her mum has told her before about her personal problems. even though she was five, her mother felt like she was the only person who truly understands her. people might regret teaching their child such mature topics and feelings at such a young age, but hazel felt like a close friend to her.

one of those things being her sexual orientation. she felt like she had more of a connection to women. but if she didn't marry a guy, she knew hazel or matt wouldn't have existed. though, she did have a good relationship with her ex-husband before hazel was born, it became a struggle to handle two children in the household. she tried her best but her ex didn't feel the same about it. that's why he went to find a wealther woman to live with, to pay for the family's expenses.

a/n

idk what i just wrote, does that make sense?
sorry for the angst im getting way to invested in this lmaoaoo