four

cw for angst (caps, cheating, divorce) at the very end

hazel was picked up from school by her mother, she just sat there still feeling proud about her comeback against bella. "so, how's school today?" she asked in glee.

she seems to be a lot more cheerful than normal. she would normally look tired or sad every time she would pick me up from.. anywhere, really. "same as usual," hazel replied.

damnit mom, what'd you expect from me when you ask the same fucking question ALL THE TIME since you put me in kindergarten?

the two finally arrived. hazel was hopping out ecstatically, can't wait to try out a new medium to practice with for next week's contest. as hazel's mom followed her inside, dad called her so suddenly.

"hun, can i talk to you for a bit?"

she was taken aback, she decided to set this with him before hazel finds out, if it was anything... bad. "hold on sweetheart, I'll talk to dad first while you change upstairs, okay?"

"okay mom," she ran up the stairs and slammed her dresser open. picking out a blue, long sleeved shirt with the print of a teapot on it.

oh, well i need to practice before the contest. might as well try out some new mediums!

hazel took out a set of watercolours and multiple sizes of paintbrushes out from her backpack, which was actually stolen from her next-door neighbour when she was looking for paint since she ran out. she never returned it, nor was she planning to.

she started making a bunch of flowery patterns with a mixture of warm and cool tones. creating a sort-of abstract watercolour piece. she dipped her paintbrush in again and started making streaks of black and purple curves and twists.

she added a few thin layers of bright yellow over the flowers' tips as highlights. adding streaks of neon highlighter on the piece to give it that pop-feel.

she continued adding lines with her gel pen to add a bigger effect to the piece. 

she was pretty happy with how it's turning out so far. although it doesn't look like it has an actual meaning to it, she decided that it was best to keep the visuals on point. considering she was only five, she felt very proud of it.

she decided to put on music to keep her motivated, which includes lo-fi and r&b. the speakers only getting louder as she became even more focused. eventually drowning out any other background noise she heard from downstairs. she was pretty content with this comforting environment of hers, just happy vibes!

on the other hand, an argument breaks out between hazel's parents. 

"LISTEN, BETH IS ACTUALLY GOOD WITH CHILDREN UNLIKE YOU WHO IS SO SELF-CENTERED TO THE POINT THAT YOU FED THE KIDS HALF OF THE NORMAL SERVING FOR DINNER,"

"THAT ISN'T TRUE! I MADE THE KIDS SOME EXTRA AFTER I FINISHED BECAUSE I WAS STARVING THE WHOLE FUCKING DAY. ALSO, YOU GAVE THE NEIGHBOUR A GLASS OF MILK WHEN SHE WAS LACTOSE INTOLERANT,"

"WELL I DIDN'T FUCKING KNOW THAT! WHY DON'T YOU JUST GET YOUR FATASS AWAY FROM ME AND GET AN ACTUAL JOB, WE'RE IN DEBT BECAUSE OF YOU,"

"IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO LIVE WITH ME ANYMORE THEN WHAT'S THE POINT?? YOU STARTED CARING LESS ABOUT ME SINCE MATTHEW WAS BORN. WHAT. HAVE. YOU. DONE. ????"

"alright, alright, listen here you dumb whore. continue rambling about me cheating on you or cry about how much you loved me. i don't love you anymore, alright? I'm packing up and I'm taking the kids,"

"NO! I'M NOT GOING ALONE WITHOUT MY CHILDREN. I SPENT A TOTAL OF EIGHTEEN FUCKING MONTHS FOR YOU TO DO THIS TO ME," she took in a deep breath as she tried her best to hold back her tears, "leave the fucking house, i don't care anymore!"

a/n

to anyone who's confused, the company that makes these baby hazel games replaced the mom's design with a new one. so i just made shit up and decided that this is "bethany" who's hazel's step mum now. you'll see the relationships between the adults as well as the mum's personal life going forward (lmao cheating lore)

 you'll see the relationships between the adults as well as the mum's personal life going forward (lmao cheating lore)