Chapter Seventeen: What Even Are You?!

The two of you eyed one another for what felt like an eternity, neither glanced away from each other. Knowing the fatal mistake that could bring to the other. Your eyes glowed with demonic energy. The energy that seemed to have excited Kenpachi as the on his mouth grow wider now. So wide that it looked physically impossible to do so.

With Yamato in your hand, you were prepared to take this man down without a second thought and continue on with your path. Blue and yellow auras clashed with another to prove to the other they were the dominant one. Neither mixing to make green, just pushing each other away. When the blue suddenly started to overwhelm the yellow. This was the sign you had been waiting for and took it without hesitation.

Rushing at Kenpachi with such speed your ears popped and Kenpachi did the same thing a shit-eating grin still on his face as your blades clashed. The force of these supernatural weapons sent shock waves flying around you. You struggled for dominance and knew not to let up. But you were knocked back with ease and wide open for an attack.

Seeing Kenpachi coming blade raised high above you, quickly sending up Yamato as the chipped blade slammed down you. The vibrations from the strike ran through your bones. Kicking sliding away you came back at Kenpachi slamming Yamato down as hard you can before sending a flurry of sword slashes. Kenpachi was blocking them all but you suddenly vanished. Appearing behind him to slash at his neck when he suddenly grabbed your blade from behind. This surprised you as Kenpachi turned his grin not leaving his face.

Kenpachi: You're gonna have to try harder than that to beat me!

Kenpachi gripped Yamato tighter blood trickling down the blade before he turned and tossed you as hard as he could. You righted yourself in midair before having to duck under a sword swing. You immediately came up with an upward slash but swore as you grazed Kenpachi. You leaped back just as Kenpachi came down at you.

Your Thoughts: I hate to it admit it, but this guy's raw power is more than my own. If I were to compare them. I could slice a mountain in half with ease. He on the other hand could obliterate one.

Kenpachi: Hey, what's the matter, come on don't go chickening out on me now. I thought--

Kenpachi did not finish as you suddenly struck him in the face, having switched to Beowulf in instant. You knew if you wanted to win you would need to be careful against this guy, but not too careful. You watched as Kenpachi's body slammed hard against the wall before you dashed over sending a flying knee to the man's stomach. You could hear something crack which made you grin, but your assault did not end there. 

You grabbed his face in your gauntlet-covered hand and before repeatedly slamming it into the wall. You continued doing this till the sounds of the skull hitting metal echoed and rang throughout the area. But you did not stop there either, you wanted this man to go down and stay down. Your devilish aura erupted around you as you took off dragging Kenpachi's head across the wall before throwing him. Tossing him with so much force you almost threw your arm out of place.

The Captain's body collided with the wall with a loud thud that echoed around the place. You looked at the downed captain before turning around. Believing you were able to put the man down for a while when you suddenly . . . started . . . to hear . . . chuckling . . . oh dear lord. 

Turning around and noticing the atmosphere had changed, you looked towards the captain. But you were not looking at the same Kenpachi as before, staring at you now was a monster. A monster that relished in the heat of battle and mayhem. A monster you needed . . . . no . . . . a monster you wanted to beat.

Kenpachi rose back from your little assault. The side of his face was covered in blood with some trickling down his face. But he still had that grin on his face, oh yeah, that grin was not going away anytime seen and even Yachiru watching from above could not be any happier for Kenpachi.