4.2- (The Trio )

The dark blanket of the night was slowly fading away and making way for light. Deep blue mixed with splashes of red and yellow, creating an unique combination of color. Any moment the sun would peek out from behind the trees .

I clenched my fists and tried to brace myself. How am I supposed to fight with two of my best friends? How am I supposed to kill them?

Even though we three came from different groups we are like family. But now, because of a stupid prophecy we were caught up in this mess. Our ancestors had this rivalry amongst them and now we were going to have to pay for it. My heart sank with sorrow , if only there was a way to prevent this.

I glanced at my right and saw Zion standing casually with his hands buried deep inside the pockets of his dark blue hoodie. Though he tried not to let it show, his rigid posture and expression clearly gave away his discomfort regarding this situation. A layer of thin icy mist seemed to be forming all around his figure.

On the other hand , to my left , Ash seemed to be struggling with his emotions. He repeatedly brushed his hands over his dark black hair and kept glancing around as if searching for something. Occasionally some sparks of electricity would accidentally burst out from his hands. A habit I knew he did when he was nervous.

But what? Who was he looking for?

The wind seemed to have left the region we were standing upon. All around there was a deafening silence . It was like the calm before the storm.

The sky was getting brighter by each passing second. The moment of truth had finally come. We were supposed to start the battle already but none of us were eager to make the first move.

A wail echoed from Ash , I whipped my head towards him to see that his body was shaking as if he was writhing in pain. Something seemed to have taken control over him. Probably the prophecy taking over and doing something as we were all just standing like statues instead of fighting.

Ash lurched forward with a low growl and pounced at Zion. I knew my friend wasn't being himself, something was controlling him. He would never willingly attack Zion.

A cold mist seemed to have formed and thus it blocked my view from seeing what was going on.
When the mist slightly cleared I saw Ash crouching on the ground , panting heavily. But Zion was nowhere to be seen.

He had easily moved out of the way with his mach 20 speed.

"Wha-at ..hap-pened?" Ash managed to cough out.

" Ash you all right? Something seemed to have taken control over you..."

"I don't remember how I got here...my memory seems blurry..."

Just then a gust of wind flew past me towards Ash. It was Zion, but something was different. The eyes looking at me weren't the beautiful icy blue ones I had always known. This was completely red with a black dot in the middle. He was about to punch Ash.

"Ash loo-" I couldn't finish my sentence because right at that moment Ash got up and punched Zion first. In a split second Zion was back up and the two boys were locked in a terrific fight. Through all the rapid movements everything seemed to be a blur .

I managed to catch a glimpse of Ash's eyes and they had also changed from their usual grey to match with Zion's new ones.

I felt like crying , what was happening? I couldn't see my best friends fighting! They weren't themselves... something greater was controlling them.

"Stop! Zion ! Ash! Get control over your minds!" I screamed out.

But none of them noticed. I was shouting but it seemed to come out as a whisper.

I saw a cloud of lightning gathering on one side while a cold storm seemed to be brewing overhead. They were getting ready to hurl their powers on each other. The elements ready to be used upon their commands.

No..I can't let that happen. If one of them gets hit by the other's power, it could cause serious damage . They could lose their lives.

This wasn't the time to be weak. I had to be strong. I had to save them.

Taking in a deep breath I brought forth both my hands and willed for the magic to surge out from deep within me. A powerful sensation flowed through my veins and both my palms ignited bright blue-green flames.

Here goes nothing.

I ran forward and threw the balls of greek fire over the boys heads and extinguished their powers. The place which was previously crackling with sparks and storm was now dancing with blue - green flames. For a moment they stopped and stared at me with shaken expressions.

Then immediately they lurched forward to attack me.
I shot a magical barrier to prevent them from hitting me. But both of their powers working together was able to break through my barrier. I fell back down on the ground. A sharp pain shot through my body. I felt like I was paralyzed, I couldn't move a muscle.

They were right above me , one blow and I would be toast. Their hands were ready to hit but something seemed to be holding them back. It was their own conscience trying to fight and come through whatever they were being controlled by .

For a moment their eyes flickered back to their actual colors. They looked hesitant and finally with a jerk of their head , the boys overcame the evil power .

Ash and Zion simultaneously fell to the ground with a loud thud.

A few minutes passed and we three just laid there exhausted. Finally Zion broke the silence.

"I can't believe I was about to hit you...and sorry for hitting you Ash."

"Hmm it's okay, you didn't do it willingly. " Ash replied with a shaky voice .

We were still lying down and talking while staring up at the sky. Or most precisely the canopy of trees over our heads .

"So what now? What about the damned prophecy?"

"Do you really want this?"

For a second I was scared they would be ready to fight again in order to complete it. But I was snapped out of my silly thoughts by Zion's chuckle.

" To heck with the prophecy."

" This was a mistake in the first place."

Ash sat up with a jolt. He was staring straight ahead at something or someone behind the bushes.

"Um guys...I think we're not alone."

And Ash was indeed correct.

★★★

So who else is there? Hidden amongst the trees? XD

Who do you like more...
Zion or Ash?
I luv both to be honest XD

How was this ? Let me know your thoughts.

Until next time , stay tuned and safe.

A.M.K. 💙