4.3- ( The Trio )

Zion and I also got up and squinted in the direction Ash was staring at. But we couldn't figure out much except for a small shadow.

" Get ready , it might be something threatening."

We three stood side by side ready for defense and attack if needed.

"Now, calm down, don't kill me , I'm your well wisher!" Came a squeaky voice from hidden behind the shadows.

We were startled by the voice. I glanced at both of them once before starting to move forward.

But Zion held out his hand in front of me and motioned for me to step back. I obliged and he cleared his throat before commanding ," whatever you are , come out."

We waited with bated breath, eyes fixed on some particular bushes.

After a few seconds , there was a rustling sound and a small figure came out. But the thing wasn't human. It looked like a mix between a rabbit and a mouse.

"What are you?" Ash asked in confusion.

The creature fiddled with its paws and feet and chuckled nervously. It trotted forward and started explaining.

" Me iz Rousie , just a loyal creature of nature, sire" it looked down at the ground and gulped before continuing , "Vhen Rousie heard about the prophecy me vas intrigued and so Rousie came to see the battle. But now me realize how vrong the prophecy iz! " Rousie stomped his paw and motioned wildly to the air. "Three best fwiends forced to fight ? All cuz of a silly rivalry between their ancestors. No, no , Rousie can't bear thaz!" Rousie cried out holding a paw to its chest.

I found Rousie to be very adorable but I could hear muffled chuckling from both my sides. The source of it was Ash and Zion , who were rather amused by the way Rousie spoke.

I glared at them to keep quiet.

Rousie looked up at me with nervous eyes and went on, " Rousie saw vhat just happened ...and..."

" Do you know how to prevent this or something?" Zion inquired , now back with a serious expression.

" Yeah , do you know what had taken control over us?" Ash added in question.

Rousie nodded, " The prophecy iz a great ancient power. Neither good nor evil, it only concerns itzelf vith vhat it'z meant to say. So thaz iz vhy in order to make thy fight, it unleashed those powers on your mind. Rousie hopes thaz doesn't happen again. But the prophecy is still incomplete. None of you are harmed . In order to seal thiz thing once and for all, one of you must give a sacrifice, a soul for a soul, somefing like thaz."

We were rooted to our spots , trying to process whatever Rousie just said.

" So , you mean one of us has to die?"
I inquired nervously.

" Maybe , but it might also be somefing other than thaz. None of thy should have to die. But yez a sacrifice iz needed. "

" How do you know about this?" Zion asked in suspicion.

" Rousie iz 222 years old! Me was there when the prophecy was made among thy ancestors. One of them vas against it but they couldn't do anything cuz the other two vere hard to convince. So that'z vhen they came up vith thiz bargain."

The situation was finally sinking in. I knew what I had to do. Clenching my fists, I took a deep breath-

" I'll do the sacrifice!"

All three of us had shouted the same thing at the exact same time.

" Ooohhoohoo!" Sobbed Rousie. " Such great friendship, such loyalty, such love!"