☀︎︎ 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥 ☀︎︎

The following morning I woke up after Lando did, yet he was still laying in my bed, his arms still wrapped around my waist as he didn't want to wake me up

The following morning I woke up after Lando did, yet he was still laying in my bed, his arms still wrapped around my waist as he didn't want to wake me up. Sweet, but I needed him to leave for the sake of my own life, one I predicted to be ending soon when I heard knocking on my door.

My eyes widened and I gestured Lando to hide underneath my bed, which he did without putting up a fight. I hid him even better by shoving some of my clothes around the bed, making sure the person who knocked on my door wouldn't notice a single thing.

"Carolyn? Are you awake?" I recognised the voice to be of my grandmother. She impatiently tapped on the door again. "Carolyn?"

"Yes, I'm awake!" I shouted back, placing my suitcase at the end of the bed frame. No one would see a thing. "Anything I can help you with?" I hoped the panic in my voice wasn't noticeable, though with grandma being half-deaf, I highly doubted she would even hear me with the door closed.

"We are waiting for you for breakfast!" Grandma said, swinging the door open, making me flinch. I sat on the floor to hide more of the gap underneath the bed and smiled at Yolanda. "So now you can't walk anymore? Did you have that fun of a date?"

"Oh my gosh no!" I defended, my cheeks turning red. I heard a soft chuckle escaping Lando's mouth, but grandma couldn't possibly have heard that too. She furrowed her grey brows and glanced around the room. "I had a fun date, but not anything like you think," I said, quickly changing the subject. "I have some dignity, I don't sleep with someone after one date," I paused for a brief moment, "there is nothing wrong with the girls who do sleep with someone after the first date, we are all equals."

"Carolyn, what are you even saying?" Grandma asked, resting a hand on her hips. "You make no sense, get dressed and come join us in the dining room."

"Dining room?" I repeated, raising a brow. I knew bloody well that the only way I could get Lando off the property was through the garden and to get to the garden, we needed to pass the dining room. With my whole family sitting there, which would be a total of nine people, including myself, he couldn't ever get away unseen. "Don't you think it's better to have breakfast outside? The weather is great!" I exclaimed, pointing at the blueish sky that was visible through the sheer curtains.

"Everyone is already waiting, if you want to make demands you should wake up earlier," grandma stated, and left without closing the door. I let out a sigh and moved all my clothes away again to see Lando there, showing a boyish grin.

"Climb out of the window," I whispered, reaching out for Lando's hand to yank him from under the bed.

"What?" He whispered, wiping some dust off his clothes, standing up next to me. "I am not-" I raised my brows and shrugged, there was no other option.
"-You're seriously going to kick me out through the window?"

"It's a big window, almost like a door," I whispered. "Be happy we are on the ground floor." Lando rolled his eyes at me and pulled me into a hug, I wrapped my arms around his neck while we looked each other in the eyes. "I'm sorry, we just need to be careful, my grandpa despises tourists like you and-"