☀︎ ︎𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘 ☀︎︎

Lando and I walked on the beach again, something we liked to do

Lando and I walked on the beach again, something we liked to do. Not that there was much more to discover here. Together we had seen all the streets Lascuta had to offer, swam to every rock near the shore, and competed in every single event that happened in the past three days. Ever since our kiss, we became inseparable, other than the day after the kiss, but even then he and I were associated. Mainly because of the magazine that coupled us.

Lando didn't seem to have a problem with the magazine, but for both of us, it appeared to be better if the photos were taken down ASAP. I had hidden one of the magazines underneath my pillow, keep it as a souvenir. It would be one of the only ones around. That magazine became an afterthought, nothing I could do to fix it. All that mattered right now were my final two days with Lando and I cherished every moment of our time together.

Waves ebbed the shore, seashells being dragged with the water. I picked one up out of the sand, a pink one, and it sparkled in the yellow sun. I showed it to Lando and then shoved it in the pocket of my sweat shorts.

"Okay, my turn," I chuckled, hanging onto the person who made me happier than I could ever imagine. "I spy with my little eye something beginning with... w."

Lando looked around the beach, his eyes scanning every person out there. "W... w... watermelon," he answered. I chuckled in approval, he was really good at this game.

"Can I go again?" Lando pleaded. "I spy with my little eye something beginning with... C." I also glanced around, I was focused on the sea. Something started with C, canoe, camp, cabbagehead. I pouted my lip and shrugged. "Hint. She's the most beautiful girl I've ever met."

"Hmm," I chuckled, stroking an imaginary beard. "I wonder, I wonder." I exchanged a look with Lando and he flashed a smile. "If it's not me then I'll be very embarrassed."

"It's you, Caro," he said, finding an opportunity to kiss the side of my head. "I can't believe we just have two more days together." Two more days if you didn't count this one. One more day if we used the last day to pack our stuff.

"I don't want to hear it," I interrupted him, pressing my finger against his lips. "Save the sentimental crap for our last day, please?" Lando agreed with me, fortunately.

An ice cream truck drove onto the beach, waggling on the unstable sand. People pulled their towels and bags away and took their distance. Little children with their parent's money ran over the hot white sand to get a refreshment. Lando and I happened to be the only adults in line, grasping in our pockets for some spare change. I happened to find two euros, enough for one ice cream for the both of us. I went with strawberry, Lando chose bubble gum -mainly because he then got a gumball on top of his ice cream, not because he actually liked the flavour that much.

We edged away from the crowd of children. Those who were waving around with their bills and screaming for the ice cream guy's attention. I walked us to a calmer place, somewhere at the end of the beach. There was a shadow over here and most people sat in the sun to tan. I settled down in the sand, leaning against a cobblestone wall, Lando took place next to me. Our arms touched as we ate our ice creams in pure silence.