The Most Beautiful of All Nights

Timeline: Feburary 13th - Feburary 26th:

Author: ReggaeGirl4

Author Bio: Not provided.

Book Title: The Most Beautiful of All Nights

Genre: Not provided.

Short Summary:

It was in the 9th century when they came sailing up the Guadalquivir river to Muslim-ruled Southern Spain known as Al-Andalus. On that fateful late summer day, two worlds collided when the Northerners arrived near Išbīliya, today's Seville. They aimed to pillage the area.

Meanwhile, word of vicious Northmen attacking Išbīliya reached the wazīr of Al-Raha, who was entrusted with the office of governor and an adviser to the Emir of Córdoba. He knew how brutally they had attacked al-Us̲h̲būna, today's Lisbon, and that the Northerners would show up at his city gates at some point. Therefore, he invited diplomatic representatives to his palace for negotiations.

The Northerners accepted the wazīr's generous invitation, a decision that would change the lives of two young people forever.

Leyla was the latest addition to the wazīr's harem after finishing an extensive training in Baghdad. She was a qiyān, a singing courtesan, whose heart belonged to the music.

When Fenrir saw the beautiful slave girl for the first time, he saw his fate, his future. She was beautiful, smart, and witty. He saw a unique woman who would challenge him on a level he has never known, he was sure of that. And boy, he could not wait.

Leyla, however, felt a deep dislike for the Norsemen and their bad manners. To her, they were violent brutes, who behaved like noisy, unkempt animals and treated women like meat. She was determined to resist Fenrir's charms, which was easier said than done.

This is how their threads of life wove into one.

Possible Triggers: Mature Themes, Language and Violence

Strongest Writing Trait: My strength as a writer is my ability to implement criticism. I have ambition and a high degree of self-optimization. I think my research is thorough and I'm getting better at empathizing with characters and their era. I am now better able to make my stories and the characters in them more plausible and believable.

Weakest Writing Trait: My weaknesses are and will be spelling and grammar in the to me foreign language English. I think my dialogues need to be more authentic. I have to show more instead of saying it. Besides that, I am working on a good pace for my story, with neither too few nor too many details to enhance the readability. In addition, I have difficulties in decorating locations and describing the appearance of figures.

Help request: My help request would be feedback on the above-mentioned weaknesses and strengths as well as your general opinion.

Link: You can find the book listed on the profile's reading list.

☆☆☆☆

You have a minimum of two weeks to read as many chapters as you can/want. We ask that you read a minimum of 3-5 chapters to get a good feel for the author's work. Once you've finished reading, you may use the questions provided on the Reading Process chapter to guide you through your review and feedback. The form to hand in your review is available for you through the external link..

If you have any questions, please let us know. Otherwise, have fun!

Happy reading/writing!