The Naughty Spaceholder (Feedback)

Disclaimer: All reviews are provided directly from the feedback form. None of the reviews have been edited or altered in any way by the hostesses. What you see is what we received.

Eighth book of the session: April 10th - April 23rd, 2021

•◌•◌•★•◌•◌•

ReviewerJaszElise

Comments: My review on The Naughty Spaceholder: I am so confused when I read it. But since it was only three chapters I read not including the Cast Note all I can say is wow. No grammar errors which is good, but the plot was the one thing that really confused me. The two best friends, Derek and Catherine have what I described as friendship/fwb relationship and thankfully it's not unbalanced unlike the other friends becoming lover stories I've read. Derek's personality is somewhat amusing because he likes dating mature women and Catherine is really a mature woman. 

But his latest woman named Lisa is really the opposite of what Derek is into. But I can tell that he has real feelings for his best friend since kindergarten but like most boys he doesn't know how to express them. And Catherine is a bit of a diva, but she's rather more mature and sassy which is rather rare to read stories where the female MC can stand up for herself and not go into suicidal mode whenever things doesn't go right. But anyways these two are really compatible for each other but they are two stubborn to admit it. The story didn't actually pull me in so I had to force myself to read it so I can understand what the plot is. The story is good but it's hard to feel anything for the characters in this story. Thank you for letting read your book. I hope that I can read the rest soon.

•◌•◌•★•◌•◌•

ReviewerRain96753

Comments: Cast note

This was cute. I liked the meta of the characters introducing the story but know that this may also shatter the immersion for some people. Yes, we know we are delving into a fantasy but there are readers who want to believe the setting is real as well. Just something to keep in mind.

Catherina chapter 1

She's very down to earth, based on the opening paragraphs. I've always been a sucker for someone that loves the sky and attributes new days with new hopes.

Oh that blonde was described hella good. I can still picture her lovely hair and body.

Ah yes. I know people like Derek. The realism is sickening, and I say this as a complement. You captured the relaxed arrogance of a typical hot person and the MCs analysis was spot on.

Oh nice. They surf! That's cool.

So, is the main character secretly in love with Derek? Based in the ending paragraphs, that is what it seems like.

Derek chapter 1

FIFTY SEVEN CALLS? The realism in that line for pushy people is all too uncanny.

You know, I'm pretty indifferent to Derek but he's a believable character and I give him props for establishing boundaries.

Ah yes, when the sex is good but that's the only thing that's good. The struggle is real.

Catherina chapter 2

The MC is very wholesome. She realizes that her friend is a young adult but also worries about the absolute worst that can happen and in reality, she's not far off.