The Code of Us

Timeline: February 27th - March 12th.

Author: LivEvansWrites

Author Bio: Liv Evans is the pseudonym for an Australian-born author who delights in crafting stories just as much as she enjoys devouring them.

Book Title: The Code of Us

Genre: Not provided.

Short Summary:

When she and her husband are in a vehicle accident, renowned neuropsychologist Mia Drew faces a dilemma: accept fate and lose the man she loves or break all the rules to keep their dream alive. With the world's best technology at her fingertips, she makes an irreversible decision that will make her and her husband question everything they know.

Possible Triggers: Mention of vehicle accident, health issues, implied death of a loved one. There will be other triggers for future chapters, but they won't be up in time for the book club, I think.

Strongest Writing Trait: I like to think my strength lies in three-dimensional characters and character development.

Weakest Writing Trait: I think I sometimes forget to describe things. I like to leave some stuff to readers' imaginations, but if you think the story could do with more, please let me know.

Help request: This book is a little experimental for me. It is a non-linear story. In my own mind, I want it to be told this way for a few reasons, because there are some twists and reveals that work better in this format. I will self-pub this (after proper editing), but I am considering putting a chapter/chronological order list in as well, for those who would prefer that to the way I have presented it. If you can share your thoughts on this particular issue, it would be very much appreciated.

Link: You can find the book listed on the profile's reading list.

☆☆☆☆

You have a minimum of two weeks to read as many chapters as you can/want. We ask that you read a minimum of 3-5 chapters to get a good feel for the author's work. Once you've finished reading, you may use the questions provided on the Reading Process chapter to guide you through your review and feedback. The form to hand in your review is available for you through the external link..

If you have any questions, please let us know. Otherwise, have fun!

Happy reading/writing!