Part 122 - betrayal

I stood still then he continued "the commission has requested you take on the mission," I didn't speak "you should be getting a letter in the post tomorrow, as well as a letter, is being sent to UA," I sighed pinching my nose as I crouched to the floor "why can't things be simple," I growled slightly then hung up the phone and as I got to my feet I transformed back into my fifth form and ran around downtown trying to find Dabi as I stopped in front of Hawks sliding rooms, I was panting but felt my breath hitch as I spotted little droplet of blood on the floor in front of the door and smeared blood on the door handle. I flung the doors open and spoke with a shaky voice "D...Dabi," as I walked through the cold and dark apartment I could feel my hair stand on end as footstep came behind me so I turned quickly to see no one so I spoke again going from room to room "D...Dabi it m...me," I slowly opened Hawks bathroom only to see Dabi pasted out on the floor so I rushed in making him sit up against the bath "A...Ah come on," I could see blood pooled on the floor where he was laying. 

As I tried my best to heal him my eyes started to blur with tears so I spoke slightly panicked "S...Shit," but as I saw Dabi's body start to melt away I felt something hard smack my head making me lump backwards into someone and my eyes closed slightly I spoke "Dabi?" I woke up with a throbbing pain in my head but as I looked up slowly I was sat in a pitch-black room with a camera pointed at me as blood dripped from my nose, I then heard a voice speak "you know being friends with a villain isn't a very good image," I scoffed "you don't know anything about him," I then felt the person grab my hair making me look at them "no I don't but I do know you Yeonji," I felt my eyes widen slightly then I spoke "Jin?" I saw him smirk as he let go of my hair "ah you finally realised huh?" I tensed slightly as he tapped the camera with his finger "just a little recording for your loving family and work colleagues?" I felt my breath hitch as he went on "you know why I gave you that money to move to japan Yeonji?" 

I didn't answer so he continued as he rolled a trolley of weapons beside me "because I thought you would come to see every now and then, but I have to find out through my drug mules that you're the top hero in japan with a husband and brand new baby!" I could feel the hatred in his tone as he spat towards me, I felt him yank my head back as he pressed a scalpel to my throat "did you enjoy leaving me behind!" I didn't answer so he pressed the blade into my throat let the warm liquid run down my neck and soak into my hero costume "Whoa black blood that's new kid!" I felt his grip leave my hair so I allowed my head to fall back into a natural position and I watched as he went back to his trolley looking for a new weapon to use against me so I spoke with no emotion "so what are you doing in Japan Jin?" he chuckled coming over with a pair of pliers "to come pay you visit," he said it in an almost sickly manner making my stomach churn then he spoke looking towards the camera "now let's begin the torture, also I'll be handing her over to the league of villains after," I stayed silent as he stepped forward with that shit-eating grin I used to love "now Yeon...ah wait you go by Akuma now don't you, shall we begin," I nodded slightly as he moved beside me instead of making me look to the camera so I smiled As he plunged the pilers into my shoulder making me scream. 

I sat panting and sloughed in the chair as I heard droplets of my blood falling to the floor like a broken tap, I looked up shakily to see Jin grinning brightly as he looked over the footage then he spoke looking my way "the one you came to save will be picking you up soon and taking you to the league base, so much for friends," I held my tongue as I heard his footsteps leave the room then the door slammed behind him, I sighed breaking out of the restraints and as I fell to the floor I spoke clawing myself to my knees "Fuck it," I was breathing heavily and my eyes felt heavy but I refused to give into the darkness so I slowly got to my feet using the wall as support only to see the door to the room open slowly as Dabi peeked into the room I tensed seeing him looking at me shocked "come on I'm taking you..." I slapped his hand away as he walked towards me "Just leave me alone," I felt my eyes water up again as I saw the look on his face "A...Akuma I just... I was going to take you to the hospital," I spoke shakily "N...No you are taking me to the league aren't you," he shook his head and held up his hands walking away "I'm not," I chuckled slightly lifting my head and as I looked to Dabi I spoke "don't come near me," I saw him nod so I slowly made my way out the door.