Chapter 9- Tobias

I finish eating my pancakes and grab my plate. I go to grab Tris plate and see she hasn't even touched them. She is staring off into space. I go to grab one of her pancakes when a hand grips around my wrist. Its pale and skinny. Tris. I look up to see her staring into my eyes. I set the pancake down and take my plate to the sink, chuckling. As I start washing my plate off, Tris slides her dish in next to mine, kisses my cheek, and skips of to the bedroom. I hear the water start and I know she is taking a shower. I finish washing our dishes and sit down on the couch. A moment later Uriah burst through the apartment door. I sigh and stand up.

"Can I help you?" I ask trying to conceal my smile. He looks at me and then "thinks". He looks up again and opens his mouth. I cut him off by saying,

"Candor or Dauntless, your place, 6:00 pm, tell Tris not to wear layers even though we both know I'll do the exact opposite." His jaw drops and i usher him out of the apartment. He just gives me a thumbs up before running off, probably to tell Chris, or Will. Tris walks out of the bedroom and she looks beautiful, like always.

"Thank you Toby." she says as she walks over and kisses me. I see her face contort with worry. I get worried.

"What wring Tris?" I ask making my way over to her.

"The initiates." She says.

"Dont worry. Lauren and Lynn are taking care of them." I say and hug her. She relaxes and I carry her over to the couch. We spend the rest if the day watching tv and talking. It was nice to not have a worry or responsibility at that time.