A Date With Pawns And Rooks

I was headed to the pallet. It had been an eventful week till now. I got to hear about Chabashira Sensei's true thoughts yesterday. Carrying seven years of regret huh, it's not that big deal if you think in a broader sense. Every human has a regret which he carries. Some are secretive about it.

Very less people actually move on from there regrets. The regret might be a memory or an unfulfilled wish but it keeps sending your brain into a state of sadness.

But unlike all of them I don't seem to have any regret. Is it because I can't feel emotions? Is it because I am not normal? It's as if I have abandoned all things which a normal human has. Is that's the reason why I desire to become one. To leap into this world as just a normal person with a normal childhood.

Its as if I regret my past. I don't want to regret it, but in the end, I end up doing so. I sighed, it's no use thinking about that now.

I made my way to the reserved section of the café. The pallet was nearly empty as it was afternoon time. I sat in front of a lilac haired beauty. She was still smiling smugly as ever.

"Its nice to see you Ayanokouji Kun" She called out to me.

I just nodded preferring her to take over the conversation.

"I've been wanting to ask you Ayanokouji Kun. What is the real reason you joined Class A?"

I just looked at her and nonchalantly replied, "to lead a normal life I guess."

She just chuckled, "Fufufufu, Stop lying Ayanokouji Kun. I know you better than anyone else in the school."

I just remained silent just looking at her. It seems I was right to assume that Sakayanagi would figure out my true intentions.

She continued, "You had a chance to decline me, but you still went out of your character and joined your class. Looking at your actions last time in the cafeteria against the student council president, at first it looks like you are serious about graduating from Class A. But that's just a façade isn't it."

It seems Sakayanagi perfectly understood my modus operandi. She surely is a childhood friend huh.

"Your real goal is to help Horikita San's class isn't it."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

Third Person POV

One could hear the sound of people talking outside the reserved section of the café. Ayanokouji and Sakayanagi just kept looking at each other. A comfortable silence spread on the table. Each passing second conveying a plethora of emotions passing through Sakayanagi's mind.

She felt amused and excited. She could care less about graduating from Class A. Unlike others her future was set in stone. She would be taking over the Advanced nurturing high school after carrying her fathers and Grandfathers legacy ahead. She was that confidant in her skills that she could win over the whole school even after graduating from Class D. Class ranking was trivial to her.

The only thing she cared about at this moment was the person sitting in front of her.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka

When she first was him through the class, a feeling of desire crept in her. The world became less boring to her. Her heart knew that someday, they both would meet again.

But she never thought that they would meet in this school. It was kind of a blessing to her.

Ayanokouji looked at the figure of the girl sitting in front of her. She had indeed figured him out. But still she was missing one point.