The Compromise

Anna was in shock . Her husband of 5 years Ben had just confessed to an almost year long affair with someone he worked with from his law firm . He said he was in love with her too .

Was this happening ? She was numb her thoughts automatically turned up her 3 year old twin girls sleeping upstairs . What would happen to them ?

She felt sick , she ran into the bathroom . Her head was in the commode she was vomiting . Ben had the nerve to hold her hair back .

She slid down onto the floor . She felt relief with her hot cheeks touching the cold tile .

Ben : Are you alright ?

Anna strangled a laugh . This is what it must feel like to go crazy .

Anna : Go to hell .

She got up and stumbled her way up the stairs into her girls room . They were sleeping soundly . She went into her room and pulled out a small carry on . Ben had followed her in . She threw some clothes in the suitcase and grabbed her phone , purse and keys .

Ben : Where are you going ? We need to talk ,
Anna : There is nothing to say .

Ben is crying : I'm so so sorry , I love you . I told her I would never leave you or the girls . Believe me I tried to leave her so many times . I couldn't , we didn't mean for it to happen .

Anna : Shut your lying , cheating mouth . ( Anna hisses ) . I need to get away or I will hurt you or myself . I can't take care of the girls right now . You have to do it .

Ben falls to the floor and grabs her feet . : I'm so so sorry .
Anna : Your whore better not come near my girls or I promise , you will not like the consequences . And unlike you I keep my promises .

She steps over him and down the stairs , into the frigid night air .