School

School started . She was happy to have something to do , to leave the house . Her mom moved in and there was a sense of stability that had not been there over the last month .

Anna avoided being alone with Ben , but now that her mom had moved in she would have to leave the first floor guest room and move back upstairs . She wasn't prepared to move but she had no choice .

Anna moved her stuff upstairs . She had scheduled herself for an STD test . The thought of Ben touching her made her cringe internally . She was beginning to feel a little less sick every day . She was not thinking of it every waking second . Only every other second . She hoped school would normalize things more for her .

Ben : I'm glad your upstairs.
Anna did not say anything .
He stepped near her . She held her ground .

Ben : Are you ever going to speak to me again ?

Anna : I have an STD test scheduled because you couldn't keep it in your pants .

Ben : I have always tried to be  careful .

Anna : Lying again ? How could your whore have a pregnancy scare then ? Unless you're not the only one she opens her legs for .

Ben looks ashamed .

Anna : I'm only here because of the girls . If it was just me I would have left the second I knew .

Ben : I still love you . That has not changed and it will never change . I know I'm a selfish bastard . Is there anyway we can work this out ?

Anna : What if the tables were turned ? What would you do ?
She looked at him . She could not believe he was doing this to her . She did believe that he loved her in his own twisted way . But she would not share , plus the truth was his actions disgusted her .

Anna : I don't think you would let me sleep with another man ? Would you ? Is that what you want an open marriage ?

He said nothing .

Anna : I'm in this room because the guest room is taken . We will behave as roommates . You can do whatever you want I don't care . I'm going to do what I have to to take care of my girls and myself .

There was a foldable mattress that she slept on at night . She was going to have the King  sized bed replaced by a full and a small pull out sofa bed with a great mattress put in . On the weekends she would sleep in the guest room . Friday , Saturday and Sunday would not be a problem . It was Monday to Thursday . Who knows maybe he would just start staying with his mistress .

Anna : Did you sleep with her on this bed ? Did you ever bring her to this house ?

Ben : Anna , no .

Anna : Are you lying ?

Ben : No .

Anna: Don't you ever bring her here or near my girls . Do you understand ?

Ben : This has nothing to do with you or our family . You've never done anything wrong .

Anna : I know that .

Ben : I will support you in whatever you do . Just don't leave me .

Anna did not say anything . She prepared for the morning . She would throw herself into school amd live for her girls . She would make herself so busy that she wouldn't have time to think of him .