The Night Drive

She sits in her car and just thinks for a few minutes . Where should she go ? Her mind is racing , but her body feels numb . She feels like she is looking from far above at herself . She should go to Sara's . Her mother would be too worried if she went there and she needed someone who could truly support her not cause more anxiety .Sara was her best friend . She would go to Sara's .

On the drive over to Sara's , Anna kept thinking how easy it would be to just finish it . She was on the bridge and she was just about to let go of the steering wheel . People would think it was an accident . It would just be over , she did not think she had felt so much pain in her whole life .How could she live with this ? She was about to let go of the wheel when she noticed the car seats in the back . She couldn't do it . She had to live for her girls . She just concentrated on the road and thought of reaching Sara's .

She reached Sara's . She called her sitting outside in her driveway . Sara ran downstairs and opened the front door . When she saw Anna she was shocked .

Sara : What happened ? Are you ok? What's going on ?
Then Sara noticed the carryon .

Sara : Come in . Come in .
She led Anna into her living room . Sara's husband Kenny came downstairs . Anna looked like she was dazed and confused .

Sara : Anna , honey are you ok ? We're you in an accident or something ?

Anna put her arms around Sara and started sobbing uncontrollably . She was shaking in Sara's arms .

Kenny : Anna you're scaring us . Tell us what happened so we can help .

Anna : Ben has been having an affair he says he's in love with the other woman .

Sara : Oh honey !
Kenny : Son of a bitch .

Anna keeps on crying .
Sara : Come on let's get you settled .
Sara motions for Kenny to go upstairs .

Kenny : We're here for you and the girls Anna .

Sara : You stay here as long as you like . I'm going to sleep in the guest room with Anna tonight Kenny .

Kenny nods and heads upstairs .