chapter one - tesco troubles

author's note:

I know that this story is set in the UK, but since I'm American I don't really know all of the English terminology ( chips, crisps, trolley, etc. ) so I will be writing this story in an American way. I hope you enjoy this though - and feel free to leave suggestions in the comments

-

-

stella's pov

"Oh, sorry!" I squeak as my shopping cart rolls down the ramp at an astonishing speed and knocks a young man playing his guitar over. My face turns a bright red as I comprehend what just happened.

I extend my hand out to help the man up, and that's when I realize that he looks a little bit familiar. A million thoughts rush through my head and I feel a bit giddy. Is this...

"Oh, no, don't worry about it," the man says as he interrupts my thoughts and smiles up at me. I feel a rush of butterflies go through my stomach as he tilts his head up and his dark eyes fixate on me. I look him up and down as all 6'5 of him stands up. He's so much taller than me. It's kind of embarrassing. He's wearing a mustard yellow sweater on top of dark denim jeans, and his curly brown mop of hair is hidden under a beanie.

"Hey, are you okay?" he says, staring at me. I blush as I realize that I'm still examining him closely.

"Oh..." I mutter. "Yeah. I'm fine. I'm just a little shocked? It's not every day that you hit someone with your shopping cart." I hand him his guitar. There's an awkward silence, and then to my relief he starts laughing. I laugh along with him. I guess the situation is a bit funny?

"Well, again, I'm really sorry. Are you sure you're all right?" I ask him as I prepare to head back to my car.

"Of course, don't worry about it," he reassures me. He smiles and waves goodbye at me as I start to walk away. Another swarm of butterflies rushes through my stomach as I smile back and blush a little.