Alive

"You have a place in my heart no one else could ever have

"You have a place in my heart no one else could ever have." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

It is said that music can be a form of therapy. It is supposed to lower heart rate, relax muscles, and most importantly, reduce anxiety. "Supposed to" are the keywords here. While music usually eases my nerves and brings me to life, it is doing little to help me at the moment. As I sit in the music room playing the piano, my mind is clouded by Luke. Inside my body wages a war of passion and rationality.

"There you are. We've been looking all over for you," a voice calls out, causing me to look up to meet the gazes of Julie and Flynn. I shoot them a weak smile as they make their way further into the room. "Why did you run out of dance class so fast?"

I let out a sigh, running a hand through my blonde hair, "I'm sorry. I just needed some air. It was a little intense there."

Flynn leans forward in her chair, a mischievous smirk on her face, "Oh, I noticed. I didn't know you liked Isaac. Dancing with a guy you might like can do that to a girl."

"I don't like Issac," I tell them shaking my head. The two look at me, full of doubt, "The whole time we were dancing, I was thinking about Luke. We were dancing to a love song we wrote together. Guys, it felt so real."

Julie's brown eyes are wide, "The two of you wrote a love song together?"

Flynn's mouth is slack in disbelief, "Seriously? First off, called it. Second, I know you always want what you can't have, but Luke is next level."

My heart sinks in my chest. I don't want her to be right, I really don't. Luke made falling for a ghost easy, but what isn't easy is deciding whether or not I was going to act on those feelings.

"I know. And on top of that, we almost kissed the night of his birthday." I sigh, my eyes cast downwards to the ground. I look back up at the two, whispering, "I-I think I really like him, guys. Me and Luke, we just clicked. And he's so-"

"Not real," Flynn interrupts, an unintentional condescending look on her face. "You can make all the music you want with Luke, but... he'll always be a Phantom. I'm not going to let you get your heartbroken. And trust me. Tonight, you're performing with Luke, so the key is avoiding those big, beautiful... dead eyes."

I let out a sigh, she was right. As much as I wanted it to, there's no way that anything can work between the two of us.

Julie lets out a small laugh, "You're very pushy today."

A wide grin grows on her face, "You're welcome. Now onto you, Jules. I think Nick likes you."

This I smile at, glancing over to a blushing Julie, "You think so?"

Flynn nods her head, yanking Julie's phone from her hand, "So... Here's what we're gonna do. Send Nick a nice little friendly text asking him to come to your party tonight"