Interrogation Day 1

🎶 I have died everyday waiting for you 🎶

Steve's POV

"Do you think we should run the blood tests whilst she's still asleep?" Bruce suggested whilst looking at the sleeping girl.

"No, we need to get her trust us." I objected. "And running tests whilst she's asleep is the way to do that, and besides we don't know anything about this girl, not even her name!"

"He's got a point. We know nothing about this girl." Nat agreed.

"Yeh we-." But Tony was interrupted.

"Hey guys," Bruce said. "I think she's waking up..."

We all turned our heads toward to girl.

37-D2's POV

As my eyelids fluttered open, i looked around to see the curious faces of Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Natasha Romanoff and Bruce Banner.

I sat up straighter, hearing a loud increasing beeping behind me.

"Hey hey." Bruce came over to me. "Calm down. Calm down. Everything is fine."

But everything didn't seem fine.

"Look we just need to ask a few questions okay?"

I hesitated before nodding, I mean what could go THAT wrong. I didn't have to answer his questions anyway.

He lead me down a few hallways and into a room similar to that of a police station interrogation room.

He gestured for me to sit down at the other side of a table and asked me to wait here for a minute.

I gingerly sat in the plastic chair, resting my elbows on the metal table in front of me. As i looked around the room, i saw the flaky white paint starting to peel off the wall and in front of me there was a mirror which i assumed to be a one way window, i just hoped there was no one on the other side.

I turned to the side as the door handle clicked. In came a tall woman, with pale skin and deep brown hair pulled tightly into a bun.

"Hi." she introduced herself. "I am Maria Hill."

She stuck her hand out to me, in an attempt to shake hands with me. But i didn't return the gesture, I didn't know who she was and as far as i was concerned i didn't want to know who she was.

"Ok." She said, brushing off my stubbornness.

I kept my eyes fixed on her as she sat in the chair in front of me on the other side of the table.

"So." Maria began. "We'll start off easy. What's your name?"

"Don't know."

She looked at me in utter confusion. She decided to rephrase the question cause she probably though i was dumb and didn't understand the question.

"What when we're you given at birth?"

"I'm not stupid i understand the question i just don't know."

Tony's POV

"Ummmm...Tony whats going on?" Clint asked.

"Dunno." I shrugged my shoulders. "Apparently she doesn't know her name."

Though i doubted that. She probably just didn't want us knowing anything about her, not that i blame her really...

Maria asked her question after question, but all the girl answered was 'Don't know' or 'Can't remember' or some other vague answer.

"Right, this is getting boring i'm going in." I announced before taking Maria's place.

"Look I know you know your name, and i know you probably know your parents and where you really like and where you were born and things like that too."

37-D2's POV

I looked down, as Stark came in and started telling me how i was lying and knew who i was and where i came from.

Because i did know who i was, but i wanted to forget, i wanted to forget how i was merely a subject, how i didn't have parents and was just a girl built up of different DNA's, the Avengers DNA's at that.

I felt my eyes start to well up but quickly shut them then blinked them away. Hoping that no body saw them.

Steve's POV

I watched as Tony confronted her, bombarding her with statements and questions.

I saw as the girl looked down towards the floor, i saw the way tears had sprung to her eyes and the way she fought them back.

Tony kept throwing questions at her, one after the other. And anyone could see it was beginning to wear her down.

"Can't help but feel a bit bad for her." Bruce commented.

"Can't help but feel A LOT bad for her." I corrected.

Out of the corner of my eyes i could see Clint grinning in the corner.

"What's up?" I questioned him.

"Oh nothing." he chuckled. "Just that they are so similar. Both as stubborn as each other."

A small smile crept on my face, but it didn't last for long as i saw as the girl began clenching her fists, sealing her eyes shut, her whole body seemingly tensing up. But then she just completely relaxed, her body losing its tension and a sense of peace in her eyes.

I looked to Bruce, who also had a questioning look on his face.

"So." Tony asked with a raised eyebrow at the girls strange behaviour. "Ready to give in and tell us about you?"

"Nope." She said calmly. "I could do this all day."