Willy's Diner

"This spot right here is where I met your grandmother." Herman says as they walk into a small diner in the center of town.

"Oh, really?" Diamond nods her head.

"Yes, I was a waitress." Her grandmother smiles. "And your grandaddy walked in after a long shift. All it took was a simple hello and our conversation was endless."

For a split second Diamond thinks about how nice it would be to fall in love with someone. Her grandparents have been together for a very long time. She can only hope that she receives the same blessing one day. However, she isn't into dating right now and has never been. She has never had an actual boyfriend. She has never even been out on a date.

All the guys her age are just too immature for her. They would not know how to treat a girl if their lives depended on it.

"So, what do you think of Baylor?" Her grandmother asks her as they take a sit at the booth she and her husband met at.

"Granny, why are you asking me about Baylor?" Diamond quizzically looks at her grandmother.

"I just think he's a nice young man, that's all." Her grandmother smiles.

"He really is." Herman agrees. "He was raised right. Very polite and respectful."

"You're just saying that cuz he always help you." Diamond jokes. 

In reality, she too thinks that Baylor is quite polite. He really has not done anything to make her believe otherwise. If anything, he has been too nice. 

"Very funny." Herman laughs.

"You getting your usual, baby?" Patricia asks Herman.

"You know it." Herman nods his head.