Mother's Old Room

"Well, this is where you're gonna be sleeping." Herman opens the door to a bedroom and flips the switch on.

He carries her luggages into the room and places it beside the oak wardrobe. The room is a pastel yellow color and the oak furniture seems old. The amount of floral print in the room is enough to make Diamond's head spin. It is like the room is trapped in the 90's. 

"It's your mama's old room." He states.

"Really?" She raises her eyebrows.

She looks at the comforter on the twin sized day bed and cringes at the awful taste her mother had. Then, she has to remember that her mother lived in a different era. Styles were definitely different back then. She does not remember seeing this room at all from when she visited her grandparents at a younger age.

"Need help unpacking?" He asks.

"No, I'm good." She shakes her head.

"Alright, night Bug." He says and starts to walk out of the room.

"Night."

Diamond feels some sort of relief that her grandparents are no longer breathing down her neck. She thought it was okay at first because they hadn't seen each other in a long time, but then she grew tired of it. She honestly doesn't know how she's going to last the whole summer in boring Wilmer's Shore. She has no phone, no laptop, and no social life.