[ eleven ] reconnection - d.m.

draco's pov

i was bored out of my mind, listening to my parents drone on and on about nothing particularly important to some irritating couple i've known since i was a child. i hated these stupid soirées my parents held every once in a while. all the attendees were incredibly dull, the food wasn't even that great, and i had to act even more proper and polished than usual.

i took a drink from my goblet as the large wooden doors opened again, signaling someone was entering the hall. three people entered, the first being someone i hadn't seen in a couple years. she was absolutely ravishing; a dark green ball gown hugged her body perfectly, silver jewelry adorned her body, and her hair was pulled up with a few curled strands framing her face. i choked on my drink, my father giving me a harsh look. i excused myself from the dry conversation and started wandering through the crowd, looking for the girl.

i spotted her taking a goblet from one of the servers, giving them a gracious smile. i watched her walk around for a bit chatting with some people and eating a few of the hors d'oeuvres. i was about to approach her when i somehow lost her in the crowd. i looked around for a bit, disappointed that i lost my chance.

i stuck around for a little longer before deciding to ditch the drab party and head up to my bedroom. i gave my empty goblet to one of the servers and stepped out into the hallway, loosening my tie and finally breaking my perfect posture. i ascended the marble steps and walked toward my room.

the door was slightly ajar, and i pushed it open a little and stepped inside. i was surprised to find just the person i had been looking for wandering around my room, goblet in hand, looking at the various items on my desk and hanging on my wall.

your pov

i quickly got bored at the bland party and opted to wander around the house instead, something i often did at the parties i was forced to attend by my parents. i looked around the front entrance for a bit before climbing the giant stone steps leading upstairs.

i spotted a door slightly cracked open at the end of the hall and i headed toward it. i pushed it open just enough to poke my head in. it was a fairly formal bedroom with little personalization, which i could only assume was because of the strict coldness of his parents. small nuances still lead me to the conclusion that it was draco's room. i looked behind me to make sure the coast was clear before stepping into the room.

i looked around his pristine chambers, taking in the perfectly made king bed, the large wooden desk against the wall, the leather reading chair in the corner. i walked over to the chair, reading the spines of the books stacked next to it. there were some educational books as well as some novels from popular authors in the wizarding community, which i was surprised to see. i walked over to the desk next. there were some stacks of thick parchment with draco's impossibly neat writing on them. there was a small silver broomstick on a black marble stand sitting next to a quill stand.

i looked up at the walls. they were a little bare, but still contained some pictures here and there. he had a slytherin scarf hanging on a hook next to a plaque for best slytherin quidditch player for last year's season.

"enjoying ourselves are we?" came a voice from the doorway. i jumped, holding my hand to my chest.

"merlin, you scared me," i breathed out. i caught draco's eyes, and we both smiled.

"i haven't seen you in a while." he stepped inside the room and pushed the door a little closed behind him.

my smile faltered for a second. "yeah, i was uh... dealing with family stuff." i instinctively bit my lip, something i do when i get nervous. he nodded, and i could tell he knew exactly what i was talking about. "it's been weird not going to hogwarts these past couple years, but i'm hoping i can come back soon."