[ one ] hogsmeade - d.m.

the food appeared in front of us on the long wooden table, and i immediately started grabbing my favorites.

"blimey! don't take it all!" ron exclaimed. i shot him a glare and shoved my face with roast beef.

"i've been hungry all day!" i said as i closed my eyes at the pure bliss of feeling food in my mouth.

"hungry for malfoy," harry muttered into his food. my fork clanked against my plate as i dropped it. some heads at the gryffindor table turned my way at the sudden noise. i mumbled a 'sorry' before turning my attention back to harry.

"what are you on about?" i asked as i took another bite of food. harry, ron, and hermione all glanced at each other like they knew something i didn't. "what??" i asked.

"we've seen your furtive glances at him," hermione said quietly.

"more like your gaping at him," ron laughed.

i furrowed my eyebrows. "you guys have no idea what you're talking about."

"rubbish," harry said, looking me straight in the eye.

i scoffed. "what's it to you guys anyway?"

"he's a wanker!" ron practically yelled. hermione shushed him.

i rolled my eyes. "you guys just don't know him."

"to be fair, you don't really know him either," hermione sympathized.

"whatever," i said as i started eating my food again in silence. i looked up, and caught a certain someone's eyes from across the hall. the platinum blonde boy winked at me, a smirk on his face. i blushed and smiled back. hermione witnessed the whole thing, and she raised her eyebrows at me. i huffed and went back to my food.

we finished eating, and i got up from the bench and smoothed out my robes. me and my friends headed to the common room. shortly after we left the hall, i heard footsteps behind us. i turned around and saw draco jogging up to our group. his hair bounced, and he gave me a little wave. i was almost to the point of drooling.

"y/n!" he smiled as he caught up with us. the trio stopped when they realized i wasn't with them, and i could see them looking between me, malfoy, and each other. "how are you?"

"pretty good," i grinned. he ran a hand through his hair, and my heart fluttered. "how about you?"

"i'm great." he glanced behind me at the trio, and i turned around and looked at them.

"you guys can go on without me," i waved them on. they said a few goodbyes and continued on to the common room.

"so, uh, i just had a question." i raised my brows expectantly at his statement. "would you like to go to hogsmeade with me this weekend?" he asked pretty confidently, and my heart almost exploded at his question.

"absolutely," i grinned even wider, which seemed impossible.

"great! i'll uh, see you then!" he gave another little wave before he turned around and walked away. i pivoted on my heel and made and excited face, doing a silent squeal. i ran all the way back into the common room. i quickly said the password and jumped into the common room.