Chapter 8

Just days after Percy got a new mission from his cousin, Annabeth arrived and when Zoe saw her, the Daughter of Artemis gave the Daughter of Athena the evil eye every time she laid eyes on the Heroine of Olympus and Annabeth doesn't even know why... At least not yet.

"Zoe!" Artemis called as she looked around the camp for her daughter. "Zoe Bianca Jackson, where in hades are you!"

"Sorry mom," Zoe said, jumping down from a cabin. "Just practicing my free running like dad told me to. What did you need?"

"Thalia wanted your help over at the Archery Range," her mother told her as Zoe gained a bright smile and said, "Yes! I'll go help her out, love you mom!"

Artemis shook her head fondly and said, "Love you to, Z."

"She gets her smile from you, you know that right?" Percy asked his girlfriend as Artemis smiled and said, "But she gets her loyalty from you along with her love for family."

"Don't forget about my good looks," Percy said with a puffed out chest as Artemis instantly said, "No I think she gets that from me, instead of you."

Percy practically deflated instantly and said, "I hate you sometimes..."

"No you don't," Artemis said kissing his cheek as Percy and her gazed lovingly into each other's eyes and the Son of Poseidon said, "No I don't..."

The two then kissed, but separated when they heard a gasp before Percy activated Eagle Vision and said, "Come on out, Daughter of Athena! I know that you're there!"

When no one appeared, Artemis said, "That's an order, niece, now come out!"

No appeared still, and Percy said, "Then I guess I'll take you to court and take custody over my son."

Annabeth then appeared and said, "Don't you dare Jackson."

Percy scowled and said, "He's my son, Annie, I have every right to fight for him, since you won't allow me to see him."

Annabeth faltered, but said, "Since when were you seeing Artemis? I thought that she was a virgin goddess?"

"So you know?" Percy asked with a raised eyebrow. "Took you long enough."

"Why do you hate me?" Annabeth asked, before backing up at the sight of Percy's eyes and he said, "Because you left me because of a damned job at a place that holds the worst memories for the two of us! I was going to propose to you that very night! That night... That very night, you showed that you only care for yourself and not anyone, but your own interests! It was thanks to you that I got drunk that same night, that I lost my best friend, my first love."

Percy's eyes were now almost hurricane-like as they swirled with raw, unadulterated rage towards the Daughter of Athena who broke his heart and kept his son away from him.

"Just be happy that I don't kill you on the spot, Athenian Spawn," Percy snarled, his hidden blade sticking out of his sleeve. "Be happy that you aren't a damned Templar!"

Annabeth ran off with tears in her eyes and Artemis put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down and Zoe ran up to him and asked, "Daddy? Are you okay?"

"I will be, Z," Percy replied, his eyes still stormy green, but not like miniature hurricanes. "I think that I'll go hunting to calm down. I'll be gone for the rest of the day, just listen to your sisters and Aunt Thalia and I'll bring you with me on my next hunting trip. Alright?"

Zoe nodded and Percy got his gear together back at the Poseidon Cabin, then Artemis flashed him to his hunting area and he began his hunt.

A few days later

"Have you planned out your mission?" Artemis asked her boyfriend as they lay in bed as naked as the day they were born.

"Yes, I have, but it can only work with all of the Olympians and the rest of the Seven, in the throne room," Percy told her. "With them out of the way, I can stalk Hercules and wait for the perfect moment and then kill him permanently."

"Are you sure that you can kill him permanently?" Artemis asked him.

"After killing Gaea, I gained the power to kill immortals permanently," Percy told her. "I will be able to kill him, but only if he doesn't know that I'm after him. I already know that I can't beat him in a close up match, so the only way to kill him is with a stealth kill and the only way I do that is if I can catch him off guard or if I can sneak up on him."

"So let me get this straight, you're going to sneak into Olympus, kill Hercules, without getting caught, and then leave as if you were never there in the first place?" Artemis asked Percy who nodded and said, "All in the span of the meeting."

"You know that sneaking around Olympus is impossible don't you?" Artemis asked him. "There are gods watching the citizen's every move. You can't kill Hercules by stealth, nor can you do so in plain sight."

"Have a little faith in me, will you Temis?" Percy asked the Moon Goddess. "I'm Percy Jackson and nothing is impossible... Besides, Zoe will be with you and that will keep the gods occupied."

"Does she know about this?" Artemis asked him as he nodded and said, "Yeah, told her last night, before we went to bed. She surprisingly agreed to it knowing that it's the only way for me to complete my mission."

"That doesn't sound like our daughter," Artemis stated. "You don't think..."

"That she'll follow me anyways and kill the guards around Hercules' palace?" Percy asked with a proud grin on his face. "Oh yeah she will. I'm counting on it."

"So you're counting on her to disobey your orders and kill the guards around Hercules' palace? She could get seriously injured," Artemis said to her lover.

"She's the Daughter of Artemis and Percy Jackson," Percy deadpanned. "She's going to disobey anything I tell her to do concerning this mission and do the exact opposite, unless I tell her to join me, then she'll join me."

"I still think that it's a bad idea, Percy," Artemis told him.

"It'll work, trust me," Percy said as Artemis looked into his eyes and said, "Okay... Just please keep our little girl safe."

"I will."

The two then fell asleep, waiting for the solstice so that Hercules can die for what he's done to their loved ones.