Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

Lauren’s POV

Camila is so cute, but she’s gorgeous at the same time! I can’t stand it! It’s driving me insane. After I helped her unpack and finished my unpacking I set up the tv that I had from my old room and Camila brought a dvd player so we watched The Heat. I love her laugh. It’s like music to my hears. I totally have a crush on this girl. I really hope i have some sort of a chance. She’s sitting on her bed and I’m sitting on mine and all I can think about is wanting to go and cuddle with her. This has never happened to me before. I’ve never just met someone and known that I want to be with them. But Camila.. Camila is different. She’s sweet and cute and beautiful, it’s just something about her essence that made me feel this way.

I glance over at her for the thousandth time tonight and noticed her eyes were closed, i think she may have fallen asleep.

“Camila?” I whisper. No response. “Are you asleep?” She didn’t answer so I assumed she must have fallen asleep. I walked over to her, put the blanket that was at her feet over her and found the remote. I crawled into my own bed and turned off the tv and went to sleep.

***

I hear an alarm go off and look for my phone, until I realized that the phone blaring Don’t by Ed Sheeran was Camila’s and not my own. I heard Camila shuffling around and the music stopped.

“I’m sorry I forgot to tell you that I had my alarm on” Camila said, sounding a little more apologetic than she needed to be. Or was that insecurity? I couldn’t tell.

“Don’t worry about it I have class in an hour.”

“Oh yeah, we have that class together, music theory 101.” Camila said, “Have you ever taken  a music theory class before?”

“Uh yeah.. in high school. I suck at it though.” I said. I bet she’s good at writing music.

“Me too, well I didn’t really suck at it. I wrote a song my senior year and performed it at talent show and got first place. That’s what that picture’s of,” Camila said, pointing to one of the pictures on her corkboard collage of pictures that I hung up for her last night. I was wondering what that was from.

“That’s awesome, you’ll have to play it for me sometime. How’s your ankle?”

“I will, and it’s okay, I can wiggle it a little.” She assured. “I’m gonna go take a shower.”

“Okay good, and don’t limp on it too much because then the tendons and ligaments won’t heal right. Don’t baby it.” I said, she thanked me and smiled then left the room to go to one of the girls bathrooms on this floor. I went on my phone and decided to call my parents, I had forgotten to yesterday so they were probably waiting to hear how my first day was. We talked for about ten minutes before I told them that I had to go get ready for class.

I headed into the bathroom, probably the same one that Camila was in. I stopped as soon as I walked in, I heard someone singing. That must be Camila, her voice is like an angel. I walked in slowly, this reminded me of the shower scene from Pitch Perfect, except instead of singing Titanium she was singing Demons. It was truly amazing, she was making the song her own and it sounded even better than the already perfect original. My flip flop squeaked on the wet floor and Camila immediately stopped.  

“Sorry…” I said. “I heard you singing and it was so amazing I didn’t want it you to stop.”

“Lauren?” She asked, peeking her head out of the shower to look at me, “Hey.” I offered a small smile before walking into a shower stall, leaving one in between us. I placed my shower stuff down and turned on the water. After a few minutes I was tempted to just start singing a song and making her join in if she didn’t on her own. This should totally be a second shower scene in Pitch Perfect 2. I decided to just do it.